Road Glide banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to install 16" apes on my 15 RGS, haven't decided which bars yet.

i can't find a straight up answer on extension kits. if i do the Namz wire extension and TBW extension, how long do i need them to be, and where do i get the brake and clutch extension, and how long do i need to get? magnum shields? so, with all that, I'm $300 in to the extension... is there a kit out there that's more affordable? i had a burly extension kit for my 13 street bob, came with the perfect size of everything for like $130.

i cant find any straight forward answers.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I posted a thread earlier about cables inquiring about other options besides Barnett and Magnum ,...more "affordable" quality cables, Ive gotten nada............. Im doing 14's, BR's Bars and decided I would go with plus 2 thanks to member Sethjamto who sent me a PM stating he went plus 4 on 14's and plus 2 was plenty, Im gunna venture to say you would be good with plus 4, as far as length............Hopefully someone with a 15RGS with 16's can chime in here.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I went through the dealership for my bars, simply because it was minimal additional expense and easier for me to have everything in one spot. I'm going with 16" Carlini Gangsters. It's been a while due to back order issues, but I have finally been assured that my bars will be here within a couple of weeks now.

I'm not sure what route we are going with cables/lines, but I was told by someone that Burly has a kit that will fit the '15 RG/RGS also. I have not confirmed this, so just relaying something I was told.

I had Burly Gorillas on my '13 Road King and loved them, so needless to say that I was disappointed to find that the Gorillas would not fit my '15 RGS. When I spoke with Burly, they said that if I wanted to stick with Burly then their best recommendation would be to go with their 15" Bagger Bars.

I don't want bagger bars on my Shark, so I went with Carlini.

·
Registered
7,782 Posts
I used Magnum Shield 15-17" handlebar line kit. It cames with all lines and wires needed to install 15-17" bars (more like up to 20" bars). But I already had a set of switches wire extension and TBW replacement wires and from Namz. Both wire extensions from Namz were plug and play.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.