Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Good lookin' bike. Shame he's over riding.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
8 years 26000 miles , he never wanted to ride IMO :D
Well, I have an '04 and have only managed to ride mine 20K more than he has. When my boss gave me a company truck back in '07, he screwed me out of my 25 mile round trip to work. :D

·
Registered
8,662 Posts
8 years 26000 miles , he never wanted to ride IMO :D
He still wants to ride cause at that price the bike ain't going anywhere. Just cause he got 10 G in chrome added by the Harley Dealer, thats dead money floating in that lake he's talking about.

·
Super Moderator
10,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree with the too much money ..

I spose some will never figger all your add on's are nothing when sale time comes ..

Regardless of what he's put in it after purchase , it's still an '04 with 26000 miles ..

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
If someone were to give me $13K for my '04, I couldn't buy a new one for that. I reckon I'll be hangin' on to ol' blacky for a while. :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Seems to me he just wants to change Money holes. He's done throwing $$ at the cycle hole now he wants to throw $$ into the boat hole.

The 2 best days of owning a (*******) is the day you bought it and the day you sold it.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I have to agree with you Big Dave. As much as I'd like to have the new frame and 96" for the $$'s I'll have to stick to riding what I got. I can do a lot of mods to this one for the difference I'd have to pay for a new one. And besides I'd be throwing money at mods for the new one too.

When does passion become an addiction?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I have to agree with you Big Dave. As much as I'd like to have the new frame and 96" for the $$'s I'll have to stick to riding what I got. I can do a lot of mods to this one for the difference I'd have to pay for a new one. And besides I'd be throwing money at mods for the new one too.

When does passion become an addiction?
I read ya there. I had a salesman yesterday throw a number at my roadie as trade on a 11 CVO. Well, it was trade in 16,500 for me and throw them another 22K. My thinking was I like the CVO but I think the 22 on my own scoot would make far more pimp juice than another cookie cutter CVO that I would modify anyway. Newer isnt always better.

Addiction - yes

·
Registered
51 Posts
Maybe this guy is real smart. He wants to keep his bike but also wants a boat. The wife told him there is no way he's having both. He then agrees to sell the bike to get the boat. He'll now have it for sale for as long as needed to make the wife happy. He'll then tell her he's tried to sell it but the economy is just too bad right now. AND with the economy being bad now's the time to buy the boat and we'll sell the bike later.
This guy might be on to something

·
Registered
8,662 Posts
Maybe this guy is real smart. He wants to keep his bike but also wants a boat. The wife told him there is no way he's having both. He then agrees to sell the bike to get the boat. He'll now have it for sale for as long as needed to make the wife happy. He'll then tell her he's tried to sell it but the economy is just too bad right now. AND with the economy being bad now's the time to buy the boat and we'll sell the bike later.
This guy might be on to something
Now there's a thought !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts