Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bit the bullet and couldn't be happier. Put 12" Signature bars on my 2017 Road Glide Special.Took me the better part of yesterday and had to finish up today. Some of it was carelessness, some of it was just that chasing the wires is a bitch. Took it out this morning for a test ride and couldn't be happier. Slow riding is 100% smoother, the riding position puts me more upright. Amazing what 3" difference makes when it is in the right position (that's what she said).

I did buy the handlebar video from www.lawabidingbiker.com which I highly recommend. It gives details that I had not seen anywhere else. Well worth the money.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
I like mine as well.
Only wish I could pull the bars back slightly more and rotate the controls forward a bit more.
Seems like my controls are pointed down a little to much.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like mine as well.
Only wish I could pull the bars back slightly more and rotate the controls forward a bit more.
Seems like my controls are pointed down a little to much.
I have my bars rotated almost all the way forward, kept them just far enough so the levers don't hit my 14" LRS at full lock. It all works out well for me. Can't wait to put some long miles on it next week.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Factory47 bars are legit. Love my 14s. Law abiding biker can suck an egg though
Why? Just found them in the last month. Haven't spent enough time to form a firm opinion.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Love my 14s. Really improves riding position

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Love my 14s. Really improves riding position

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They probably saved me $500+ I was sitting too far back in my Mustang and beginning to think I needed something that let me sit farther back. With the new bars I am sitting in the seat much better and am loving the bike as if it is a whole new bike. Of course, it is probably going to cost me more in the long term because I seem to be riding much more aggressively and can't seem to help myself.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Going apes made the difference between me being able to ride longer than a couple hours and all day. True Story. Love my F47's.

·
Registered
923 Posts
THats the bars I wanted. I don’t think I’m tall enough for em tho? I’m waiting for eddienelson to do some kinda review on his new ones.... I think he is a smaller vato too.

·
Registered
300 Posts
THats the bars I wanted. I don’t think I’m tall enough for em tho? I’m waiting for eddienelson to do some kinda review on his new ones.... I think he is a smaller vato too.

My buddy Lawrence (short statured vato) is 5'3" and is running 14s on his. I am 5'6" (lily white as it gets) and run 14s ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I was told to put the 14's on and I fought it. Im too short for 14's. I tried to order the 12's and Joe at Vindikta basically forced me to get the 14's. He told me he would pay for the return shipping if I didn't like them and would send me the 12's I wanted. Im glad I listened to him.

With being vertically challenged. The 14's you have more control over where you want and or need the bars. A taller person can push them forward and a shorter person can pull them back. With a shorter bar you can only pull them back so far before they start dropping (or going lower). Ive got about 500 miles on them and I cant understand why I didn't do it sooner. All I can say is WOW! Man I love those bars!

I can t seem to drag and drop a photo so I have to attach it. Heres one of me sitting on the bike. I like that I can still slouch if I want or I can sit tall if I want. I also had broke my neck a long time ago and these bars are super comfortable for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Bit the bullet and couldn't be happier. Put 12" Signature bars on my 2017 Road Glide Special.Took me the better part of yesterday and had to finish up today. Some of it was carelessness, some of it was just that chasing the wires is a bitch. Took it out this morning for a test ride and couldn't be happier. Slow riding is 100% smoother, the riding position puts me more upright. Amazing what 3" difference makes when it is in the right position (that's what she said).

I did buy the handlebar video from www.lawabidingbiker.com which I highly recommend. It gives details that I had not seen anywhere else. Well worth the money.
Bars look awesome! Good job, how do you like those grips i was looking at those the other day at a indy shop?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts