Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
‘04 Softail Standard, Hillside 98” BB, Andrews 37 cams, Progressive shocks and mono tubes
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning.
My current ride is an ‘04 Softail and I am currently in the market for RG. A friend recommended this site.
Been riding off and most of my adult life, and have had the Softail 11 years now. I have made do with it for the touring I’ve done, but it is finally time to get the real thing and a Shark is in my future.
Greg in Denver.

·
Super Moderator
9,762 Posts
Welcome, from New York, to The Greatest Forum on The Internet!
Best of Luck with Your Search.
You won't be sorry changing to The Best Glide Harley makes.
Mike U.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Welcome from Pittsburgh, Pa.

Thinking of keeping the softail or trading up?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Welcome to the site from Jersey
You'll love the comfort after you get the bike dialed into YOU!

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Welcome and good luck in your search.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Welcome NFG..Glad your here

·
Shark of the Month October 13
10,012 Posts
Any softail vs. any RG ..... two very different bikes built for different types of riding. That said, boy are you in for a pleasant surprise. Comfortable riding position, MUSIC!, and a true brotherhood of F'ugly Bike owners on here to assist you with any questions. You may end up changing the seat or bars .... or not. If you're an aggressive rider who's known to scrape a floorboard now and then, you'll want to make some changes to the fork first, and probably also the rear shocks. It all depends on how you ride, but once you get the ergonomics dialed in and the suspension set up for how you ride, you'll be making excuses to ride more and more. Enjoy!

Reactions: DanHappy

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota!!!

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Welcome to the site Greg. Road Glides are are great for us on the front range, used market is crazy on prices right now and they aren’t that many 21’s left. Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Good morning.
My current ride is an ‘04 Softail and I am currently in the market for RG. A friend recommended this site.
Been riding off and most of my adult life, and have had the Softail 11 years now. I have made do with it for the touring I’ve done, but it is finally time to get the real thing and a Shark is in my future.
Greg in Denver.
When I was looking to buy my RGU, I shopped all around the "front range", from Wyoming to Pueblo and more. I was not impressed with any of the dealers or there sales tactics. I did eventually buy from Rocky Mountain Harley-Davidson® - Located in Littleton, CO - Harley-Davidson® Dealership with Parts, Service and Financing . They treated me well, I had a good trade-in ($2K more than COS or Pueblo), and a lower purchase price for the bike. I recommend you at least check them out.

·
Registered
6,358 Posts
Welcome from Maryland. Good luck with your search

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Welcome to RG.org. glad to have ya.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Welcome to the Tank from Texas and enjoy!

·
Registered
‘04 Softail Standard, Hillside 98” BB, Andrews 37 cams, Progressive shocks and mono tubes
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome, guys.
It so happens that Rocky Mountain HD is my "home" dealership. I know they have a great parts department.
I am keeping the Softail, for now anyways. Sentimental value.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome, guys.
It so happens that Rocky Mountain HD is my "home" dealership. I know they have a great parts department.
I am keeping the Softail, for now anyways. Sentimental value.
I bought my bike from RM. I had a fair and best offer for my trade-in ($2k more), and below invoice price for at the time, a new '17 RGU I also prefer their service department vs Pikes Peak when I lived in COs or Thunder Mountain now living near Loveland CO.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts