Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
10,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone mounted to a modular lid ??

It appears , with my Nolan anyways , that the mount will be too far back when the chin bar is raised ..

Is there an adapter that allows a side of lid mount ??

Thanks

JtB

·
Administrator
10,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I finally have a chance to play with it

I bought a crash bar mount and one of the pieces with it will allow a side mount and the top mount works fine after some finagalling

JtB

·
Registered
79 Posts
I used mine for the 1st time over the weekend and the mount sheared off at it's pivot point. I had it mounted to the crash bar, and it sucked watching it bounce the pavement at 60mph. I was able to get turned around and go back and find it. the case is all road rashed up, but it protected the camera. Fun to watch the video of it hitting the ground. I'll be looking for a metal mount though, the plastic stock mount couldn't handle the vibration I guess, or it was just faulty. I still need to call gopro and see if they will replace the case for me.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
Post the video. I want to see the tumble :eek:

·
Registered
242 Posts
I used mine for the 1st time over the weekend and the mount sheared off at it's pivot point. I had it mounted to the crash bar, and it sucked watching it bounce the pavement at 60mph. I was able to get turned around and go back and find it. the case is all road rashed up, but it protected the camera. Fun to watch the video of it hitting the ground. I'll be looking for a metal mount though, the plastic stock mount couldn't handle the vibration I guess, or it was just faulty. I still need to call gopro and see if they will replace the case for me.
That happened to me in west Texas. Was not lucky enough to find the camera. Sucked cuz I was on the way to The Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion... Didn't want to buy a new one til I talked with GoPro about the mount failure - so no video the rest of the trip. But...

I sent pics of the sheared off mount, and after several emails, GoPro Gave me a 50% off discount code. Better than nothing.

I found a mount at utvinc.com that isn't gonna break, and is very stable. Hard to get on and off - but I leave the mount on my engine guard most of the time and just take the case off.

Just got back from a 300-mile lunch ride. Tried the camera on my helmet for the first time. About to go see what the video looks like.

Good luck with the folks at GoPro.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Mount

Is there a company that makes a mount for the windscreen. That will clamp on . Because I do no want to use the tape set up.

·
Administrator
10,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
go pro has a suction cup

you can prolly find it at wally world

our wally has a handful of go pro accessories

JtB

1 - 7 of 7 Posts