Road Glide banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you scroll down on the eBay page, you can put in 2015 road glide special and it shows that they will not fit. There nice looking grips though. Maybe Avon makes a set that will fit.
I read the same issue about the 15 model, just wonder if they haven't updated the chart? Yes I like them a lot and they will match the RCcomponets exhaust tips I have too.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got the grips today and installed them. Having a little trouble with the throttle side, doesn't lock in good with the gear drive very good. If I pull out on the grip it will slip. Not sure if the gear is too big or not long enough or both in the grip. I will mess around with it some more and up, date again. It works but just not like I think it should, otherwise they feel great!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
I got mine and installed the today also. I have no issues with the throttle side, although I haven't started it. Maybe you have to remove the controls and push the grip in more.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You need to loosen the control housing and make sure it is shoved toward the center of the bike so the grip will slide all the way on the throttle control.
I did this, and If I pull and twist it will still slip. I just rode this morning for about 3 hours and didn't have any trouble. I'll look at it again and see what I can do to make it better.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
I went for a ride today. After fueling up, I got on from the high side, held on to the throttle, and yup it slipped. I pulled the grip out and readjusted the throttle rocker. I rode about 130 miles on back roads, and it didn't happen again. I guess I'll try to push the controls inboard.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I went for a ride today. After fueling up, I got on from the high side, held on to the throttle, and yup it slipped. I pulled the grip out and readjusted the throttle rocker. I rode about 130 miles on back roads, and it didn't happen again. I guess I'll try to push the controls inboard.
Whats the throttle rocker? The white gear? I didn't really look at it yet, is that gear adjustable? I know it will slide out of the bar pretty easy.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Went to move controls inboard, but the throttle isn't slipping when I pull it out. WTF. Coulda sworn that it happened yesterday. I don't even have any significant meds to adjust.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just went and reinstalled the grip. WAAAY better. No play or slipping. Put the grip in then tighten the switch housing, then put on the brake assy. I kinda did it all at once before while trying to slid all 3 parts in at the same time.

Operator error! on my part.:eek:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.