Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Road Glider,

I’m a newbie here, actually its my 1st post :)

Recently I upgraded from 2012 roadking Police to 2016 Roadglide special, and I’m lovin it, I love everything about it.

Now my question is: I fit 16” handlebar on my 2012 RK, it was perfect match to my body height (6.23ft), will I have the same result if I fit 16” handlebar into my road glide ? Do they have the same chassis? If not, what will be the different?

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Hi Road Glider,

I’m a newbie here, actually its my 1st post :)

Recently I upgraded from 2012 roadking Police to 2016 Roadglide special, and I’m lovin it, I love everything about it.

Now my question is: I fit 16” handlebar on my 2012 RK, it was perfect match to my body height (6.23ft), will I have the same result if I fit 16” handlebar into my road glide ? Do they have the same chassis? If not, what will be the different?
Should fit up just fine. Frame is exactly the same, so if 16s where good for you on your king, they'll fit fine on your roadie.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Welcome from Mass and congrats on the new scoot!

Yes same chassis, factory 47 has a great install video on 16" bars. All stock hardware with some re routing, plug and play extentions on the left side only. New RG bars are much-much easier to install than pre rushmore.

Lots of good info on different bars on this forum if you search, good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So i assume the handlebar will fit the same height, what about the seat position? Isn't lower than RK ? Will this impact ?

·
Registered
399 Posts
If you had the police seat I believe the seat position will be higher and further forward than your RGS seating that should affect the relative position of your grips.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts