Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey roadglide.org brothers. New member but not new to this site. Bear with me.

First- what is Frank Drago's handle on here?

Second- want to purchase a Hawg Wired 6 pack from local dealer but I have noticed that members have bought from Drago bike works at a price of 628 shipped for this package. I was told by dealer I can get it for a little less than 700 out the door. I want to buy locally but drago's is such a good deal that I can get grilles too for under 700. Is this the route I should go as far as expandability?

Third- inner fairing speaker holes..... Where do I put them in best position and as long as speakers are 4ohm can I run them in parallel or series-parallel with the Hawg Wired zx's?

Thanks in advance.
Junior

·
Administrator
12,452 Posts
Welcome from Florida. Frank is under Dragos, he's a vendor here, great guy with good prices.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Best way to get hold of Frank is call him during business hours. If he doesn't answer leave a message and he will call you back. I bought the six pack system from him a couple weeks ago.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Malibu,

How much did you get it for if you don't mind my asking? I told a local dealer that people were getting this set up from Frank for 628 shipped as I saw it a few times on this forum and he was PISSED! He was like, "why does this guy get a better deal than me?". Haha! He said that price shipped is only 22 bucks more than his COST!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATE

I just pulled the trigger and ordered the Hawg Wired 6 pack from my local dealer. Got it for a great deal! Pretty close to what Frank has them for. I can't wait to get it installed and I will post pics and keep everyone informed. I will also be installing 6.5's to inner fairing. Not at first tho. Not enough dinero. Anyway, happy trails. And I am from Sacramento, Ca. Just in case someone local wants to hear what the 6 pack has to offer. Let me know if you are local to me. Thanks!

·
Registered
264 Posts
$620 for an amp and two speakers? WOW!!! Is that really how much they cost? I have that much in an amp and 6 speakers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
$620 for an amp and two speakers? WOW!!! Is that really how much they cost? I have that much in an amp and 6 speakers.
Good for you. I just think it's a plus not having to splice wires and chew up your harness. When I go buy some more stuff it'll be hawg wired. Unless it's woofers or 6x9s. For the ease of installation and quality I'll pay the cost EVERY TIME. And honestly I could have spent 600 at the auction too and had a complete BAD ASS system but how would customer service be? Anyway, glad I got it and glad I can afford it. Bottom line I want top of the line. PERIOD.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I went H/W also. The reason for me was I had no clue what I was doing or what I needed. I priced everything at a local car audio and was going to have more money in it than H/W. Wasn't trying to build a bike nite parking lot bike just something a little better than stock. And hey I got to talk to Frank for about 45 min.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
32 Posts
I to didn't know the first thing about bike audio or the install so I spent many a night of this forum searching for the answer to what audio I wanted. Called frank and before I could even ask if he had the product I wanted and the price he stopped me and introduced himself and told me about his company and what he offered. Spent about 20 mins talking back and forth with him. Great guy! Great customer service. He personally called me a few days later to tell me the rs400 amp was back ordered and it would be a few extra days before I got the 6pack setup. Still got it in less than a week. Super easy install! Awesome system.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I to didn't know the first thing about bike audio or the install so I spent many a night of this forum searching for the answer to what audio I wanted. Called frank and before I could even ask if he had the product I wanted and the price he stopped me and introduced himself and told me about his company and what he offered. Spent about 20 mins talking back and forth with him. Great guy! Great customer service. He personally called me a few days later to tell me the rs400 amp was back ordered and it would be a few extra days before I got the 6pack setup. Still got it in less than a week. Super easy install! Awesome system.
Yea. I basically did as much research as humanly possible and when it comes to hawg wired there's not many naysayers. Some people talk trash about it and when they DO it's usually money motivated. I will PAY for my quality. When I was growing up, car audio was my fun and my Zapco would make everything else sound really NORMAL. BTW Zapco was one of the most expensive car audio amplifiers in its day. And the best.

I went H/W also. The reason for me was I had no clue what I was doing or what I needed. I priced everything at a local car audio and was going to have more money in it than H/W. Wasn't trying to build a bike nite parking lot bike just something a little better than stock. And hey I got to talk to Frank for about 45 min.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I know what I'm doing I just prefer to drink dos equis. Haha! Ease of installation, plug and play, and super easy expandability, was a no brained. Not to mention the rc-link capability that allows you to tune each amp electronically. Done deal for me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just picked up my six pack! Love it. Love it even more now that I know who makes their speakers for them. I'll post pictures and hopefully some audio soon!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I felt the same way! I decided to piece together two speakers and a class D amp. Have to admit that hawg wired amp is nice tho...very small. My amp almost fit in the fairing but couldnt quite get it without installing new head unit. Then again with that many speakers im sure you dont mind having an amp in the bags lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I felt the same way! I decided to piece together two speakers and a class D amp. Have to admit that hawg wired amp is nice tho...very small. My amp almost fit in the fairing but couldnt quite get it without installing new head unit. Then again with that many speakers im sure you dont mind having an amp in the bags lol
Not only is it small but I didn't have to cut ONE wire. Complete plug and play. Not to mention I can adjust my amp from a friggin remote. And no big ass amps in my bags. I can fit 6 hawg wired 400 watt amps in my fairing. Plenty of power for my subs and 6x9's. I travel with my old lady so we need the storage and I'm not puttin a tour pak on there. You ain't payin for the sound with hawg wired as much as you're paying for the convenience of it. Keep that in mind when your car amps are taking up all your space. Think about it next time when your amp is in your bags and you let your hands off the handlebars to relax and cruise and your bike leans to the left because of the weight. I'll take hawg wired for my money.

·
Administrator
12,452 Posts
Not only is it small but I didn't have to cut ONE wire. Complete plug and play. Not to mention I can adjust my amp from a friggin remote. And no big ass amps in my bags. I can fit 6 hawg wired 400 watt amps in my fairing. Plenty of power for my subs and 6x9's. I travel with my old lady so we need the storage and I'm not puttin a tour pak on there. You ain't payin for the sound with hawg wired as much as you're paying for the convenience of it. Keep that in mind when your car amps are taking up all your space. Think about it next time when your amp is in your bags and you let your hands off the handlebars to relax and cruise and your bike leans to the left because of the weight. I'll take hawg wired for my money.
6 amps? I have 4, just wondering where you would put the other 2, maybe where I have my other speakers mounted on the inner fairing? But I have to agree with you on the HW amps, I really don't want any amps in my bags if I can avoid it.

Sent from my SPH-L710

1 - 15 of 15 Posts