Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after a couple windshields i think i am ready to get a Madstad. My question is i still want to maintain a good look, so are those of you that got the 11in happy with it? Does it offer enough protection? Can i adjust the 13in down low enough when in town? I am 5"9 33in inseam if that helps. Sorry just want to get it right the first time. Thank you for any input that you may have.

·
Registered
8,823 Posts
My 13" drops down pretty low, and raises up as high as I want it to , and still seeing over it.
The 11" might be just a little too short if your looking for optimum protection.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I have a 13"dark smoke. It works great and I love it. I ride with it raised about 1/2" when riding solo. I actually like the looks. If I rode solo all of the time an 11" would be fine. But I can raise the 13 up for her and it works great with the stock ultra seat. I'm about your height and she is 5' 4". I do have a 16" clear that I slap on if we are going to do long trips with high mile days on the interstate. Thats like driving in a convertible but we are not tired at all after an 800 mile day regardless of wind. I lower it all the way down when we get where we are going and its like riding with the 13" raised about 3/4 of the way up.

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
I'm 6'1" and I run the 11" during the warmer months but in the winter the 13" is much better. The 11" even at the highest setting still gives me wind but it is smooth. For starters I would suggest getting the 13" and asking them to drill the holes 1.5" higher than normal. That will allow you to have the shield that much lower at the lowest setting. Even at 6"1" I have never had to use my 13" at the highest setting.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I'm 6'3" and run the 13" and recently got a 14.5" when I traded out a spare 13" for it. Haven't rode much behind the 14.5" as of yet, but I do notice the difference between the two…

·
Registered
654 Posts
My 14.5",( that's my madstad windshield:D,) is shorter at its lowest level than my 13" WV. At its highest setting it is great for the highway. At its lowest, it is still pretty darn good.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I'm 6'0" with a 32 inseam & use the 14.5" light smoke. It works great for me & with my wife. I like the looks also. Great windshield. Wife says huge improvement for her - both wind & hearing radio.

·
Registered
462 Posts
13" for spring/fall, 11" for summer. Both dark smoke. Finally got it right after going thru about 4 or 5 other makes.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I'm 5'8 and ride with an 11in Madstad on a 2013 RGC. I started with the recommend 13in but at it's lowest setting was still in my line of vision. With the 11 I have more adjust-ability, even when I switch out to my touring seat. I noticed no difference in protection since both channel the wind over the same way.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I'm 5'10" and the 13" fits perfect. Keep it low most of the time so I am looking over it. Raise it during rain. Since my bike is candy orange I opted for the bronze color.

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
So after a couple windshields i think i am ready to get a Madstad. My question is i still want to maintain a good look, so are those of you that got the 11in happy with it? Does it offer enough protection? Can i adjust the 13in down low enough when in town? I am 5"9 33in inseam if that helps. Sorry just want to get it right the first time. Thank you for any input that you may have.

So to revisit your original question... If you are more concerned with the look and you don't really do any 2up riding, I will say that you will be more than happy with the 11". If you ride 2up, or you want to hear the radio better, I would go with the 13". Best short answer to your question I can give. I ride mostly solo so even at 6"1" I am happy with the airflow of the 11". Hope this helps.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Since you're wanting to keep a cool look, just get the 13 in and drop it all the way down. I'm 6' tall with 32' inseam and I had to exchange my 13 for a 14.5 to better suit my needs. FYI, they look better in person than in the photos. Once you get it adjusted to your standards you won't care what people think of it anyway. :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well i went ahead and ordered the 13in extra dark. A big thanks to everyone that responded your advice was great. I am looking forward to the install and finally experiencing what all the hype is about:D

·
Registered
86 Posts
Well i went ahead and ordered the 13in extra dark. A big thanks to everyone that responded your advice was great. I am looking forward to the install and finally experiencing what all the hype is about:D
Smart move my friend, smart move. Tell us what it's like, when you install and ride. Like we don't know already, Ha ha

·
Registered
8,823 Posts
Smart move my friend, smart move. Tell us what it's like, when you install and ride. Like we don't know already, Ha ha
Some guy pulled up beside me the other day and said my shield looked badass, and asked where I got it.He didn't even know that it's the best performance shield also. :)

·
Registered
714 Posts
Little known fact about Madstads:
Set at the correct angle, they'll give a proper reach-around. They sometimes save little children from abusive homes. If you listen closely, you can hear the angels sing.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Little known fact about Madstads:
Set at the correct angle, they'll give a proper reach-around. They sometimes save little children from abusive homes. If you listen closely, you can hear the angels sing.
Well im sure the wife will understand why im always leaving in the middle of the night then.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So i finally got my Madstad today. Installed it and alls i can say is WOW!!!:D
Those of you that are questioning the purchase, bite the bullet and you will have no regrets. The ride was awesome i dialed it in using some other users recommendations and it was near perfect from the get go. Will put about 1500 miles on the bike this weekend and i cannot wait. Thanks for everyones advice and help.:cool:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts