Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In working on and exploring the bike, I took off the right side panel. There's a tray that looks like it should hold something... But nothing there.

What SHOULD be there??

Also, when turning on key, the security key indicator on my speedo turns red. As far as I know, there's no security on this bike. Is that normal?Does yours do that?

Thanks.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
777 Posts
Tray is where the ABS module would be if you had ABS. Do you have a round black fob with your key? No buttons, just HD logo.

·
Administrator
12,507 Posts
I'm guessing you don't have ABS, the only thing I can think of without going to look at my bike is the ABS module on the right side.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was told no abs and no security. I don't have a fob of any kind, just a barrel key. Just wondered if the the little key indicator turning red for a second when turning the bike on is normal. Figure if there's no security system, there wouldn't be any light for that indicator.

·
Super Moderator
2,900 Posts
If the bike has fuel injection, I believe the red light is the indication not to start yet because the fuel pump is spooling up. Once the system detects sufficient fuel I think the light goes out.

·
Registered
723 Posts
If the bike has fuel injection, I believe the red light is the indication not to start yet because the fuel pump is spooling up. Once the system detects sufficient fuel I think the light goes out.
Thats how it was explained to me also. Just wait for the light to go out prior to starting. Should only be on for a second or three.

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
In working on and exploring the bike, I took off the right side panel. There's a tray that looks like it should hold something... But nothing there.

What SHOULD be there??

Also, when turning on key, the security key indicator on my speedo turns red. As far as I know, there's no security on this bike. Is that normal?Does yours do that?

Thanks.

The little try under the right side cover is where I keep my stash. :D

·
Registered
440 Posts
And my Harley certified indy advised me to always start the bike immediately after the red light goes out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts