Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the middle of completing a build on my 2011 RGC. It consists of the following:

S&S 106
Drago ported Stock heads (upgraded springs/valves)
T-Man 555C cam
PM Fast Air intake

I already have the PC-V on the bike and have a map from Drago for the new components. Now, assuming (yeah I know) that I get everything back together and running correctly I will be taking a road trip.

I am running out of time for getting it on the dyno so I was thinking even though the map from Drago should be adequate, every engine is different. What about adding the Auto Tune to my PC-5? I haven't read too much about the auto tune in quite a while but from what I remember there were problems with certain combinations that were too radical. Do any of you guys have a combo similar to mine and running the PC-V/Auto Tune?

If its a waste of cash I wont worry about it. Thoughts? Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I think you'll be fine ~ I'm runnin a 113 with TW4086's and Worked Hurricane heads, bike runs great. AFR's after alot of ridin are nearly perfect. This is not rocket science, at the end of the day a tuner is utilizing o2 sensors to tune your bike to an afr.... That is all the autotune does.... I'm sure a bit more tq and hp could be fine tuned into the bike ~ it is not worth the $ or abuse to my bike. I am a fan of the PCV and AT for over 200k since 2006.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, that is what I am looking for. Yeah, if it works for yours then it should be fine for my mild build.

What all is involved with the auto tune? Just plug in the map I was given for my parts, install the auto tune and ride away? I can search a little more unless you want to part with some knowledge.. :) I am thinking I already have the bungs welded in because I have Drago's Dragula 2-1 set up.

The other option I was looking at was maybe installing a WB O2 and mounting somewhere in the fairing so I can monitor real time to ensure all is well. I still wouldn't mind doing this and still may. Has anyone else done it?

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
A PowerCommander 5 does NO tuning. It only applies the downloaded map, good or bad. There will be no adjustments made as you ride. You can tweak the map, if you choose, but there will be nothing telling you what to tweak.

If you want to have the adjustments made as you ride, you need the AutoTune. Since you already have Dragula's, then you are set for the AutoTune, which comes with 18mm Wide Band 02 sensors. Your 2011 has 12mm narrow band 02 sensors stock, down near the transmission. The Wide Band ones go in the bungs near the exhaust ports.

I run the AutoTune on my 2009 and have had good results. Once you get it dialed in, you can turn it off and it will run with the adjusted map.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts