Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting an up-shift pop, only sometimes, from 2nd to 3rd. I've seen other threads about upshift popping. How do I know if it's the map or loose exhaust flange???

I didn't do it originally when I uploaded my map from Jaimi. Just started and like I said is only sometimes. I can almost make it do it buy loading the exhaust by not letting off the throttle soon enough when I clutch.

Does anyone know what torque the exhaust should be tightened to? Or should I just replace the gaskets? If so, what gaskets?

I had a friend with a street glide running a Dragula and was getting a lot of upshift popping. Everyone kept telling him exhaust leak and he tightened his exhaust so much he had to have the bolts drilled out later to replace the gasket.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Try a different map and see how the pop is affected. If it helps, compare the maps in the decel area. To check for exhaust leaks, I used a birthday candle and the crossover under thr bike blew it out.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
the torque on the exhaust header bolts is not very high.

on the front cylinder, you tighten the top nut to 9-18 in/lbs, then tighten the bottom nut to 100-120 in/lbs and then go back and tighten the top nut to 100-120 in/lbs.

the rear cylinder uses the same specs, only you start with the bottom nut first.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts