Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone like the stock bars but changed them out and are glad they did? and what height, width and pull back.

I like the feel "mostly" of the stock bars but, do not like the look. I truly like the look of most apes.

I am 6'2" and currently have the stock bars on my 16 RGS. Custom seat by Avalon, put me back 3 inches and down and inch.
I like the stock bars but, this weekend when I went to Laughlin I felt that pinch behind the shoulders. One of our crew had 14" Yaffe bars pulled back a couple of inches. They were almost comfortable. Never have I sat on a bike with apes that I liked the feel of but, I have never sat on a bike with lower than 14" bars.

Thanks
Don

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
I had Stockers on my old '16 with the pin removed and bars rolled fwd.......and they were actually okay for me at 5'11 and that bike had a stock seat - It was not until I rode my '15 with the CVO seat and 12 inch Tallboys that I "got it" and loved the change - I also had 18 inch bars on that rat ride Wide Glide and LOVED them but after a few hours, my hands started to get numb as the Mustang Seat sat me low and the 18s had my hands over my shoulders - Nothing CRAZY but just a short hair higher....

I could go 14s with the CVO seat and my hands would be at EXACT shoulder height but love the feel of the 12s as they are just a tad lower than shoulder and the pull back on the Tallboys is spot on for me

·
Registered
152 Posts
I actually found the stock bars to be comfortable on my hands, wrist and shoulders. (I have carpal tunnel and my hands go numb with most bars) What I didn't like was they caused me to slouch, causing back pain and getting into the fairing glove boxes was difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I'm 6' and had the stockers rolled forward. I switched to Road 6 Customs 11" Standard Apes on my 15. Not really tall, my hands are behind the fairing and the grip angle is much better for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts