Road Glide banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed down the Gulf Coast for work this past week.

I lucked out that the Earthquake rally happened to be going on over on Okaloosa Island. They had live bands, bikes, food, etc. The Harley Demo Truck was there and so I test rode a couple of bikes.

First up was the new Sportster Roadster.

Interesting bike. It is running USD front forks, decent rear suspension, good ABS brakes, and mid controls. Would be a nice bike to cruise around on.

The second bike was the Heritage Softail Classic. The first softail I have ever ridden. It was comfortable and I felt like I could have fallen asleep on it. No photo, but you all know what they look like since they have been around a long time. The new ones do have cruise control on them.

There were some custom bikes there also. I liked this military themed bike.

I was able to take an afternoon and evening and do a loop ride along the Gulf Coast towards Pensacola.

Since the Road Glide fairing is called a shark nose fairing, I thought this photo with the shark jaw was apropos.

I was changing hotels so I had the bike fully loaded, but I guess that shows it how it is being used.

At times, I was only 100 yards from the water, and had to deal with beach sand across the entire road.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Part of my loop was up the scenic highway along the east side of Pensacola. There were no places to pull over for a good photo though.

This one is at the rest area after crossing Pensacola Bay.

On my way home today I stopped at this antique gas station.

I have photos of all of my touring bikes at this location.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts