Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend I took off Friday in hopes of dodging LA traffic and it worked for the most part. My plan was to visit the Sequoia National Park and Kings Canyon. I left San Diego early and made my way up I15 to Red Rock. I headed West to Bakersfield then up to Visalia and into the Park. It was @3:00 when I went into the park. What a winding ride! I've never been on a road so curvy! After a while you start wishing for a 100 foot stretch of strait (but you won't get it). I made my way up to Moro Rock and climbed the steps to get some good photos. After a few hours I decided to find a place to spend the night. The ended up being a hotel in Visalia. If you haven't used it, I suggest the iPhone app "Hotel Tonight". An easy way to find a good deal on a room.
I got up early Saturday and headed back into the Park. I was able to explore a good deal of the Park but it would take a week to do it justice. I ended up in Kings Canyon but with limited time, I started to make my way back to San Diego. Great ride!
Hopefully some of the pictures will make it. I put one that shows the entire curve. This is not a Panoramic view it is from a GoPro (so that is some fish eye going on but that's it) the curves are just that tight.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
I been to all those places and it's just great riding. I stay in Morro Bay, there is a great motel there that would give us real good rates and the restaurants down by the bay have some of the freshest seafood around. Been awhile sense I've been there hopefully I can get back there soon. Thanks for the post and pics it brings back good memories.

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
I been to all those places and it's just great riding. I stay in Morro Bay, there is a great motel there that would give us real good rates and the restaurants down by the bay have some of the freshest seafood around. Been awhile sense I've been there hopefully I can get back there soon. Thanks for the post and pics it brings back good memories.
Nothing like to fresh fish & chips down on Moro Bay

I have great memories of Cali since that's where I grew up.

Swomack

·
Registered
342 Posts
I've not had the pleasure of touring California. Takes me too long to ride there.
Looks like a great place to do some riding.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts