Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'13 RGC, stock 103", Jackpot 2-1-2 headpipe, Jackpot 4" slip-ons, high flow air cleaner, PV tuner, looking to pick up some grunt for passing and accelerating when riding two up especially, but I'm 270lbs alone anyway, whats the best bang for the buck cams, if I'm not doing headwork or increasing cc size for now? (Might go 107" but wont be this year)....Leaning towards the 57H and adjustable pushrods, bike only has 6K miles on it, stock lifters ok? Thanks guys...

Ryan

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Andrews tech support told me stock pushrods and lifters were fine and I ran it that way for a few thousand miles (couple weeks), all the time clattering like hell. So I put in S&S premium lifters and adjustable push rods, quieted right down.

·
Registered
546 Posts
SE255, lots of low mile take outs from CVO's available. Change the lifters and use adjustable pushrods. I've had great service from S&S lifters and SE adj. pushrods.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I used the SE255's on mine with stock compression. FM head pipe, air cleaner, and jackpot mufflers. I really liked that combo.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Andrews 48 would be a great choice for you. Lots of low end grunt and passing power. Unlike the 57H, it gives out quicker on the big end, around 5000 rpms. To be honest, how often do any of us run it up to 5800 rpm or more? I love my 57H's, but I way 190lbs. If I were your size, the 48 would be it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys keep em coming...I do race my brother on his '15 RG but that's only a couple times a year at most...I'd love to go with FuelMoto's 107 this year but its not in the budget right now...

·
Registered
365 Posts
Another "Which Cam" question

Woods 222 or Andrews 57 if keeping everything else stock, woods 555 if going 107. I would do woods or s&s lifters and FM adjustable pushrods and a redshift cam tensioner and baisley spring and plunger.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
The old cam question.
First off ask your self where do you want your power band to be?
Low to mid or mid to high.
Will this cam grow with my build etc.
MY OP you are looking for a low end comes in around 2100 and stays on to 5000 grand
Look for cams with earlier intake closing like 34/38 or less that should do the job for you.
If you ever want to talk phone call is free :grin:
Thanks FD

'13 RGC, stock 103", Jackpot 2-1-2 headpipe, Jackpot 4" slip-ons, high flow air cleaner, PV tuner, looking to pick up some grunt for passing and accelerating when riding two up especially, but I'm 270lbs alone anyway, whats the best bang for the buck cams, if I'm not doing headwork or increasing cc size for now? (Might go 107" but wont be this year)....Leaning towards the 57H and adjustable pushrods, bike only has 6K miles on it, stock lifters ok? Thanks guys...

Ryan

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've just changed from a 57 cam to a woods 777's but the 57 is a great cam for a bolt in but this cam preforms better with a 2-n-1 than anything we've tried unless you run a x pipe design with 2" baffles, then it will be close. Another option as mentioned is the TW 222's for low end or andrews 48's. I'd go 57's, good 2-n-1 such as Dragos or Rush Wrath with a 2.25 or 2.55" baffle then either GMR lifters or S&S regular lifters, no need for the premiums unless alot of spring pressure imo. Another option is contact WFO Larry at Larrys Motorcycle Machine, he sells the same lifter's thats made for Woods at less than half the cost, like $120 I believe.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Another fan of the 57H or TW222 cams, along with S&S lifters and FM adjustable pushrods

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Thanks guys!
With the new bikes, it is so easy to remove the gas tank because of no cross over pipe, and just take the rocker covers off and use the stock push rods. Just about as fast and no adjusting. For sure get S&S standard lifters and you will be happy with how quiet it is. Just remember, the exhaust push rods are longer than the intake. Keep them in order and on the lifters, it doesn't make any difference which way the oil hole faces.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts