Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Another 10" bar thread..

So I've settled the Yaffe 10" OEM bars but can't decide who I want to do the work. There are a couple of local shops in the area beside the HD dealer that are familiar with wiring difficulty.

I am wondering if there is someone local to Ohio that would be willing to assist with the project. I'll provide beverages, food and gas money (depending on what you drive, ha!) I would prefer this option because I learn more about my own bike.

·
Registered
578 Posts
i would seriously recommend the buky bar malos or mad doggers. they look very similar to the yaffes...only better built, and WAY easier to wire. you'll probably save a lot more money going with the malos or mad doggers because when people see the diameter of the bar, they'll charge you less for labor.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i would seriously recommend the buky bar malos or mad doggers. they look very similar to the yaffes...only better built, and WAY easier to wire. you'll probably save a lot more money going with the malos or mad doggers because when people see the diameter of the bar, they'll charge you less for labor.
I looked at them and while I agree they are a large diameter and likely stronger, no 10's. Just 12's and up. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
168 Posts
I did my 10" OEM install this year. It took about 8 hours with a buddy's help. I'd say do it yourself and save the $$ it's not that bad. Take your time.

I cut and soldered the connections and removed the green connector on the throttle. Not that bad of a job.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't come to you but you're more than welcome to bring it to North East NC and I'll hook you up. That'll save you gas money and I can even provide the beverages and burgers.
That sounds very tempting....road trip to get parts installed. hmmmmmm

·
Registered
279 Posts
That sounds very tempting....road trip to get parts installed. hmmmmmm
Dump the Yaffe's and go with the Bukys. Wires go through like butter and Yaffee's bars have gone to sh*t. THey might even make you a 10" pair if that is what you are set on. Give them a call. Luis and Billy are fantastic to work with. They made me a custom set and they are great.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You guys are killing me...hahaha. I am talking to Luis shortly and seeing if a custom bar is the what to go.

To those with mini-apes, how much does the handling change? I don't mind the position of the stock bars, but like the look of mini apes. So I am hoping to get both with the 10's.

·
Registered
837 Posts
If your willing to wait till winter, I want to try a different set of bars. I will be looking to sell mine with the wires and heated grips in exchange for ur controls and some cash.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Talked to Bukys today. They are able to build a custom bar to the specs I am looking for. A couple weeks and counting....

That's awesome man! I tell ya, I work with a lot of business and it's rare that you see companies work as hard as they do to make a great product and keep the customers happy. I really think they are going to be one of the best in the business. And think about it, just 4 months ago, RhinoHD ordered the first set (that I know of) on this forum, and now it's one of the favorites.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I would like to meet up when you install the bars as that's next thing on my list. I'm leaning towards buky. Just need to sit on some bike with bars yo see if I want 12s for sure

1 - 20 of 23 Posts