Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I've searched the forum for the answer, and found a lot of responses that come close, but nothing that sounded definitive -- so apologies if this has already been fully covered!

Q: If i have my iPhone synced over BT to both the BOOM 6.5 system, and a third-party BT headset, is it possible to use the handlebar controls to answer a call using the BT headset instead of the BOOM's speaker? Most of the answers I've seen suggest that is ISN'T doable. Is this true? No way at all?

I know many of you don't get why anyone would want to take a call while riding, and most of the time that's me too. But I have a tendency to tell my wife that I'm heading out "for a few hours" and then 5 hours later, I'm still not back and she gets to worrying. Would be nice if she called and I could just say "Yep, got distracted, I should be back in 30 min" or whatever. Would save me a lot of grief on my return.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
363 Posts
If you want to connect a Bluetooth headset to your Infotainment system (for music, navigation prompts, phone, etc.), then you need to purchase the Wireless Headset Interface Module (WHIM) or a SENA Freewire device. Alternatively, you can connect your Bluetooth headset directly to your phone to take your calls, but you will lose the integration with the Infotainment system (e.g.. ability to control via handlebar controls).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that's what I feared. Hey, any idea if the Sena SM10 would give me this capability? It's a good bit less expensive than the Freewire.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Thanks, that's what I feared. Hey, any idea if the Sena SM10 would give me this capability? It's a good bit less expensive than the Freewire.
I'm not a SENA expert, but my understanding is the SM10 will not provide full integration with the Infotainment system. Freewire was designed and offered for that purpose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts