Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, ive got a 15 RGS and im not a fan of the radio antenna as im sure none of you are. I know there are a few options available to change it. I can go shorter, re-locate it or go with a hidden one. Im considering all 3 but was also wondering if I could just get rid of it completely. I never use the radio be it FM, AM or the weather band. I just use bluetooth. Would it interfere with anything else like the GPS? If I had to choose one I would like to go with a hidden one, but dont wanna pay the dealer price for a couple feet of wire. Any advice or opinions are welcome, thanks!

·
Registered
927 Posts
I went with hidden on my 2015 RG. Had the dealer install along with garage door opener & led lights so they would be covered by warranty. Had to be done within the first sixty days.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I myself just rerouted the antenna, only took 5 mins, only needed to purchase a plug for the whole, at dealer cost was 2 bucks. Pretty cheap option.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I hear a lot of different things about this one for use of the radio but if your not using it don't worry. I still like to have the radio for local weather and traffic updates. if your going to keep it go with the hidden antenna.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hid the antenna. Real easy, 15 minutes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The video of the guy hiding it himself looks like the road im gonna go down. If I get the extra few bucks for the hidden one in the fairing ill get it. Until then hiding the stock one, thanks all.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Just a suggestion, if you ever decide to go with the hidden antenna and have or will add an AMP you may not get very good reception with an AMP/hidden antenna combo. With some AMPs and the use of a hidden antenna your reception could be reduced to just about nothing. It happened to me and others I know of as well.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I went with the stubby antenna from the local auto parts store, $9.00.
When the 4th of July rolls around I can unscrew it, put in the long antenna and fly my American Flag.

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
I already have a shorter antenna & doing this mod done on that video would real clean up the rear ends overall look IMO. Because my antenna is shorter already doing this quick little mod will be just that much easier to do. Might have to do this mod this Saturday and see what I think.
Thanks for posting !Rock103!
Swomack

·
Registered
77 Posts
I replaced the antenna on my 2012 with two different hidden antenna, but never got good reception. I removed the hidden antenna and routed the OEM antenna along the upper frame of the bike. The reception is better, but not as clear as the original set-up

·
Registered
575 Posts
I relocated mine like the one in that youtube video and my reception sucked. Relocated it again down along the swingarm and out the back just inside the bottom of the saddle bag and it still sucked. Put it back to stock location and it gets good reception. Now I have a flexible 14" antenna I got at the auto parts store and it's not that good either.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts