Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what size the threaded antenna stud is on a '15 RG? I'm assuming it's a 10mm, but I wanted to be sure. I want to purchase a little stubby antenna due to the tour pak being just above it, & I'm not interested in the antenna relocation kit. I'm not worried about reception, because I hardly every use the fm/weather band functions. I just want a shorter antenna is all.

Thanks,
Lil Chief

·
Registered
462 Posts
Not sure what the size is but I did the same conversion - the new antenna came with several adapters of different thread. You could take the stock off and go to the local hardware store and check the thread size?

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man. I think I've got some assorted metric nuts around here which I can check to see if they thread on the stud.

Lil Chief

·
Registered
422 Posts
I've tried a couple of the shorter antennas and was not happy with the reception. I also don't like the relocation setup. I tried the stock antenna hidden behind the shock and up under the seat. The stock antenna wire was piano tight and I didn't like it. I bought the longer antenna cable from the relocation kit and am going to try the stock antenna trick again with the longer cable?

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got a 9" rubber antenna on there now that I had laying around. It actually has pretty good reception, but it's curved under the bottom of the tour pak because it's too long. I don't really care about the reception, since I don't listen to too much FM or AM at all on the bike.

Lil' Chief

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got it figured out.
It's a 6mm x 24

Lil Chief

1 - 6 of 6 Posts