Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May anyone give me some advice on an antenna that functions better than the P.O.S. Inside the fairing CVO antenna that came on my 13 fltr? I would like to stay internal. I live rural and seldom ride in cities. The internal works great when I am in St. Louis county. Not worth a shit outside the county.
Please tell me that I don't have to get XM. Thanks in advance.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
967 Posts
Try two different brands u have one same reception sucks.
Went for the iPod interface instead XM. Run your iPhone on Pandora, XM wife car account using XM app or use the iTouch all day long and control it from the bars. Plus many other free music app to chose.
Installed on tourpack.
Also works with the new iPhones if get the OEM Apple adapter cable from old to new style.
Hard to beat one time investment. No subscriptions.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
There are no good internal antennas that work well in rural areas (contrary to what some vendors will say)

Cheap would be an MP3 player and a cord into the AUX post on your radio.

Best would be an iPod interface and an iPod in your saddlebag.

Or you could buck tradition, and go the other way like I did. I like to hear weather radio when on long trips, and seeing those dark clouds on the horizon. I have a pair of 10" antennas for day trips, instead of the long ones that I use for vacation rides.

·
Registered
654 Posts
So you find the long whips work better than the 10" or internal antenna? I currently have a 13" external form Walmart. Works better that stuffing the long whip under the seat. It is amazing how a car radio works so much better than the HK system. I am considering buying an aftermarket system if only for radio reception.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a cvo, which comes with the iPod in the bag lid. Just like radio capability. With my Tomtom app, I can use the iPhone and have music and gps through the bike speakers. Just miss my Kshe 95 while riding out by the house. ONG knows about KSHE

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
So you find the long whips work better than the 10" or internal antenna? I currently have a 13" external form Walmart. Works better that stuffing the long whip under the seat. It is amazing how a car radio works so much better than the HK system. I am considering buying an aftermarket system if only for radio reception.
The 10" that I have are "loaded" antennas. They are actually just slightly less range than the long stock antennas.

They are about 10" collapsed and about 15" extended.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Is this a MOCO product or would I find it elsewhere?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts