Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So since the Monterey crew is hosting the ride and gathering this year, I wanted to throw some dates out there and get some feed back for this next years gathering. Rooms are not cheap here on the Monterey Peninsula but, Frank and I went and checked a place out for accommodations. It is called the Carmel River Inn and room rates are from approximately $124 to $150 as of right now. The more rooms we can book the better the rate they will give us, so we may be able to negotiate these down a bit. The 150 rate is for a cottage and the 124 is for a regular room. They have areas for us to BBQ and it is close to gas, shopping, adult beverages and restaurants.

The dates we are looking at are September 9,10 & 11. The dates are not set in stone but, this is when the weather is at its best around here and it is after Labor Day and before Street Vibrations, so the room rates are less other wise we would be looking in the $300 range during tourist season at any hotel. Let me know your thoughts and let's make this our biggest showing yet. Website for the Inn is carmelriverinn.com

Ok hotel information: Best Western Beach Dunes Inn 3200 Dunes Drive Marina, CA 93933. Phone number 831-883-0300 or 800-550-0055, block of rooms reserved under "Road Glide Org" right now we have 15 rooms reserved but, make your reservations now if you are going so if we need more than 15 I can add some. Rate is $127 per night and is good until 30 days out from date of September 9, after that it is their regular rate.

Mark

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Mark,

Looks like a perfect time to go. Looks like I'm in. Maybe interested in a 2 room cottage as well. Looks like a nice property and pool area for hijinks. Lol

Bill

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mark,

Looks like a perfect time to go. Looks like I'm in. Maybe interested in a 2 room cottage as well. Looks like a nice property and pool area for hijinks. Lol

Bill
Frank and I checked out the rooms and property, very nice place and they are willing to let us bring our own smoker and grill

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Mark,

Bill
As I recall we swapped rooms in Big Bear and I ended up with the worst room in the whole hotel. It smelled, the complementary coffee was placed on top of the toilet, the shower was filthy and there were foot prints on the walls. I'm looking forward to a nice clean cottage next year:smile:

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
We are looking forward to it Mark. Can't wait to get together with everyone again. For anyone within a few 100 miles this is an awesome annual event.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As I recall we swapped rooms in Big Bear and I ended up with the worst room in the whole hotel. It smelled, the complementary coffee was placed on top of the toilet, the shower was filthy and there were foot prints on the walls. I'm looking forward to a nice clean cottage next year:smile:
Our room was clean smelled ok but the floor was slanted from sagging foundation but hey I've stayed in worse, the Oakhurst Lodge comes to mind...lol and it burned down after we left.....coincidence hmmm

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Footprints on the walls! Hahahahahaha. That's hilarious.

The plan would be to bring my son again. He enjoyed Big Bear even though the time was spent with a bunch of old fart.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts

Wow. We had Starbucks delivered to the room every morning and the fireplace rocked in those cold nights. Oh and that tub with the spa jets......Heaven.

I figured all the rooms were as nice.

·
Super Moderator
2,888 Posts
Wow. We had Starbucks delivered to the room every morning and the fireplace rocked in those cold nights. Oh and that tub with the spa jets......Heaven.

I figured all the rooms were as nice.
Second that. Oh, and sorry about not sharing the masseuse that came to my room each night.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok so it looks like those dates will work, soooo, now I need to know approximately how many plan on coming. I know it is a ways out and things can change but, around here the sooner I can negotiate room prices and get them locked in the better, so if you think you might come let me know and the closer we get we'll firm the numbers up of who is coming

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Ok so it looks like those dates will work, soooo, now I need to know approximately how many plan on coming. I know it is a ways out and things can change but, around here the sooner I can negotiate room prices and get them locked in the better, so if you think you might come let me know and the closer we get we'll firm the numbers up of who is coming
I always have a great time at Anti-Shark Week. I plan on going but won't know anything for sure until a month or two in advance. I'll most likely be there with my buddy Dave. Might even talk the wife into gong too.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Count both Karen and I in Mark.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Planning on it

Always a great time with a very nice bunch of folks.
Diane and I will plan on being there.
Anybody know the "Giant Artichoke" in Castroville?
A quirky place for sure, but some interesting ways to serve Artichokes in a great variety of different foods.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts