Road Glide banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Bill, thanks for the update on Preston (HillGlide). That's great news.

Day 2: The Poor Red's ride.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Karen and I rode out early this morning with SharkNoseScott. We arrived home about 1pm. Thanks to Bill and his wife for hosting an awesome Anti SW.
It was great seeing old friends and meeting a few new ones.

·
Life Member With a Grey Beard
2,122 Posts
Folks, this was an amazing weekend (notwithstanding HillGlide's accident). The roads were phenomenal; trip over Sonora Pass was amazing. Day two, some folks went up Highway 49 to Poor Red's. Then on to Murphys for ice cream and checking out the town; very cool place (not temperature-wise, though). Others went to Yosemite and had an amazing time. We all met back at the host hotel for burritos and camaraderie. mjsdouble barbecued tri-tip on Saturday; MMMMMMMM! I'm hoping Stray Mutt will post some pics later when he gets back.

I know a lot of people helped out, but big-time props to hd4cruzin for putting this one together and figuring out the rides/hotel/etc. Fantastic. Can't imagine how great a Colorado SW will be with him, Stray Mutt, and desertwindrr putting it together!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
941 Posts
I had a great time folks! Thanks for welcoming me with open arms.

Thanks to everyone for all that they did. I know it was a team effort.

I'm already looking forward to next year. Reno????

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Back home safe and sound. 1839.6 on the clock for the weekend. Great food, great rides, great folks. I look forward to seeing you all at the next get together.

Oldbie,
It's called Anti-SW because none of us are very creative with titles. Lol. Really though, it got started as a meet and greet for those that could not afford to take the time away from work and travel to the national meet and greet. It's not anti-anything other than staying home and doing nothing.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Back home safe and sound. 1839.6 on the clock for the weekend.
Well, even with two round trips to the event, I only managed to rack up 774 miles in a 33 hour period this weekend.

·
Super Moderator
2,872 Posts
I'll echo everyone's comments and wishes. Even with my missed evening and day, it was still awesome to get back and see some of the old gang and meet some new folks too. I made it back to O.C. a little after 5:30, and if I can hold my head up for a bit longer I'll get some of the photos processed and posted. I did promise to send the group shots to Bill first though. At latest, by tomorrow night.

Many thanks again to all of those, the ladies especially, who helped make the gathering such a great time.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Well, another one for the history books. Another great weekend with everyone.
Lots of the usual suspects and some new folks that were a pleasure to meet.
Thank you to everyone that put the weekend together. Very nice hotel venue, great rides, lots of good food and camaraderie.
We all appreciate how much effort it takes to pull these things together for no more than a big pat on the back. Can't thank everyone enough !!!!
I had a nice cool ride home leaving a bit after 9 and home by 11:30. Tough to be a local huh?
Hope to see you all again soon.
Marty

·
Super Moderator
1,777 Posts
Hello Folks,

I'm home. A grand total of 4170km (2591.67mi) and 43:00:33 travel time in the truck + the 4 days of riding on the bike through spectacular roads in Nevada and California. An excellent trip to Yosemite National Park and as everyone else has mentioned, awesome people that congregate on this forum.

Pictures to come when I get settled here at home.

Calgaryglide

·
Registered
941 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,872 Posts
I missed that line up. When were those shots taken?
I think it was Sunday night Stick. We had done a shot similar to this during the first ASW gathering and it came out pretty good. I pretty much have a cameral with me full time, and Mark suggested getting the bikes lined up and trying to recreate it - on a little larger scale. Sorry to have missed your inclusion. Next year??

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Hello Folks,

I'm home. A grand total of 4170km (2591.67mi) and 43:00:33 travel time in the truck + the 4 days of riding on the bike through spectacular roads in Nevada and California. An excellent trip to Yosemite National Park and as everyone else has mentioned, awesome people that congregate on this forum.

Pictures to come when I get settled here at home.

Calgaryglide
It was great to see you Troy. What an awesome surprise... thx for making the trip.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Sorry to have missed your inclusion. Next year??
Not a problem. I'm the one who decided to bail early. :)

I'm already making my plans for Reno. Not as long a commute either. I have several people I can bunk down with up there. One even owns a Road Glide.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I haven't heard anything yet. Should start hearing something soon though.

I don't remember who was going to organize the Reno Edition of Anti-SW for 2018.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Stick,
Things are in the works for Anti-Shark week 2018. Hotels in the Reno/Tahoe area are being shopped out and negotiated. We're thinking the 3rd week in June again for 2018. More to come after the holidays.

·
Registered
941 Posts
G5,

Thanks for the reply and update. I knew we were in good hands, I just didn't remember who's. I plan on attending again this coming year.

I still had a good time last Summer, except for Hillglide's wreck. That was a major bummer for everyone.

61 - 79 of 79 Posts