Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've volunteered to organize Anti-Shark Week 2018 and I'm about to book our hotel with possibilities in the Reno/Tahoe/Carson City areas. The riding around the Sierras and Lake Tahoe is some of the best.

I'm trying to get a feel for dates which would get the best turnout of riders this year.
Possible dates are June 15-18, June 22-25, June 29-July 2.

Please let me know which of these dates will work best ASAP and I will secure our hotel based on the responses.
We would like to make Anti-Shark Week 2018 the largest ever!

Ross

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PSUUUUU,
Anti-Shark Week is an annual get together of mostly forum members and friends (Roadglides) however, others are welcome.

·
Super Moderator
2,888 Posts
What is anti-shark?
It started because of the inability of some west coast riders to get to the official Shark Week due to distance and time. Therefore we had a get-together in California for the Cali folks, basically a long weekend rather than a mid-week national event. Much like Shark Week, we all pretty much hit it off and it's become an annual gathering up and down various locations in the shakey state. All are indeed welcome....but anyone with any sense will avoid this crazy place.

·
Super Moderator
2,888 Posts
I've volunteered to organize Anti-Shark Week 2018 and I'm about to book our hotel with possibilities in the Reno/Tahoe/Carson City areas. The riding around the Sierras and Lake Tahoe is some of the best.

I'm trying to get a feel for dates which would get the best turnout of riders this year.
Possible dates are June 15-18, June 22-25, June 29-July 2.

Please let me know which of these dates will work best ASAP and I will secure our hotel based on the responses.
We would like to make Anti-Shark Week 2018 the largest ever!

Ross
Thanks for taking this on Ross. Of course you'll never get a consensus, but FWIW I can't make the June 15-18 time frame, but am good for the other dates. If you're not on FB, I'll be happy to relay this to the folks over there that might not be keeping up on the forum. Lemme know.

Ron

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stray Mutt,
Thanks for the FB relay. Hope it will reach more people that may be interested.

Ross

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
June 22-25th works best for me. The weekend of the 15th is fathers Day

·
Registered
950 Posts
Either of the first 2 choices work for me. I have a problem with late June/early July. I'm working a fireworks booth at that time.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Thanks for stepping up to the plate Ross. Great roads and scenery in the Tahoe / Reno area. Many choices for entertainment when not riding.
June 22-25th should be good for most I would think, right between holidays.
Time to load up the "Sausage Bus" again. Count Diane and Marty in.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts