Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still over a week out and I can hardly contain my excitement. A week from tomorrow, the 19th, the better half and I are leaving on vacation. Our base camp will be Pigeon Forge. Other than checking into our condo(free, thank you in-laws) on Sunday night and checking out the following Saturday morning nothing is in concrete. The weather is looking iffy, but been wet before and I am sure we will be wet again. It's only 400 mile or so from our house to the condo, but we are going to take 2 days to get lost and wander through Kentucky and Tennessee to get there. If the current weather pattern holds then it may be a good thing to have that much time so we can monitor the radar and wait/re route to dodge pop ups. Then 2-3 days to wind our way home if we still have money and the desire to explore. If the weather looks too nasty we have done the trip a few times straight through on the super slab so that is an option if required, although I hope not. Too much too see and too many awesome 2 lanes to explore.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I'm still over a week out and I can hardly contain my excitement. A week from tomorrow, the 19th, the better half and I are leaving on vacation. Our base camp will be Pigeon Forge. Other than checking into our condo(free, thank you in-laws) on Sunday night and checking out the following Saturday morning nothing is in concrete. The weather is looking iffy, but been wet before and I am sure we will be wet again. It's only 400 mile or so from our house to the condo, but we are going to take 2 days to get lost and wander through Kentucky and Tennessee to get there. If the current weather pattern holds then it may be a good thing to have that much time so we can monitor the radar and wait/re route to dodge pop ups. Then 2-3 days to wind our way home if we still have money and the desire to explore. If the weather looks too nasty we have done the trip a few times straight through on the super slab so that is an option if required, although I hope not. Too much too see and too many awesome 2 lanes to explore.
Man that is super exciting!!! Whats your address and we'll all come crash at your place!!! HEY GUYS!!! Free place to stay in Pigeon Forge..... Man thats gonna be so awesome!!! Absolutely beautiful country...

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Man that is super exciting!!! Whats your address and we'll all come crash at your place!!! HEY GUYS!!! Free place to stay in Pigeon Forge..... Man thats gonna be so awesome!!! Absolutely beautiful country...
Don't tease me like that eddie, thats how we roll. You show up you get welcomed, forced to eat and drink something, and you damn well better like hugs.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Don't tease me like that eddie, thats how we roll. You show up you get welcomed, forced to eat and drink something, and you damn well better like hugs.
Thank You for the offer. I so wish I could. Im in dire need of a road trip and I love everything about that area and the people. Oh and Im from the south. Everyone hugs here:grin:...

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
That's sort of like the Ozark trip we just returned from. Home based at Lake of the Ozarks and wandered around the area. Makes a very relaxing time, no got to be here, or got to go there. Y'all enjoy, one of these years I'm going to make it to the northeast area.

·
Super Moderator
9,751 Posts
Have fun putz , sorry we are missing it , but Tim got all hitched up yesterday .. Just got home .. Super Duty was awesome ..... Soon as I transfer from the phone , I will send you and Bob pitchers ........ Off this week , but lotsa stuff to do ..
Holler if ya get the chance

·
Registered
149 Posts
Don’t pay too much attention to the weather. The wife and I have been going to the area three or four times a year for the past 15 years. There will be a rain shower somewhere in the Smoky Mountains nearly everyday. Some days you’ll be the one getting wet, and other days it’ll be someone else.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Have a safe and enjoyable vacation, catch up with you on Jack's Annual run to Patti's (?) this September, ride safe

1 - 14 of 14 Posts