Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After tons of looking, I think the answer is probably 'no', but here goes...…

I'm looking for a program where I can simply go in and place turn by turn directions to a map, rather than having to type in locations. In other words, I want to be able to choose each individual street (probably by dropping a waypoint pin) rather than having the program choose the start and end point, and then having to go in and manually make changes (I want to just have a starting point on the map, blow it up to street level, and be able to click each intersection one by one from beginning to end).

Hopefully this makes sense. Anything out there that anybody knows of?

·
Registered
3,660 Posts

I'm looking for a program where I can simply go in and place turn by turn directions to a map, rather than having to type in locations. In other words, I want to be able to choose each individual street (probably by dropping a waypoint pin) rather than having the program choose the start and end point, and then having to go in and manually make changes (I want to just have a starting point on the map, blow it up to street level, and be able to click each intersection one by one from beginning to end).

You can do that on Google maps to a point. They limit the number waypoints you can place to something under 20 if I recall correctly. I just checked and it will let you do 10 destinations, and then fine tune between destinations 5 times. You just right click on the map where you want to add a destination.

I haven't looked at Garmin Basecamp in a while, but I thought you could do something similar.

My Garmin 660 lets you chose points on the map in the custom routes section.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
You can do that on Google maps to a point. They limit the number waypoints you can place to something under 20 if I recall correctly. I just checked and it will let you do 10 destinations, and then fine tune between destinations 5 times. You just right click on the map where you want to add a destination.

I haven't looked at Garmin Basecamp in a while, but I thought you could do something similar.

My Garmin 660 lets you chose points on the map in the custom routes section.
I pretty much need unlimited waypoints...…. In route Pro is the closest I'm seeing for what I need so far, but hoping there is something better. Certainly not opposed to paying for the app or program.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts

This is a good one - you can zoom in and click to add waypoints, export to .GPX.

https://www.myrouteapp.com/en

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 6 of 6 Posts