Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm 6'3" 285. Any big boyz out there using "Ultimate 2 piece seat" for 2009-2013 RGs? Like or dislike? Why? Would you buy again? Looking for something that is all day comfortable and would allow for 3-4 consecutive hours of comfortable seating. Looking for a long distance
(400+ miles per day) highway seat.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I'm not a big guy but I've two of those seats. LIke Volusionator said, I had one on my VTX and I now have one on my 19' RGS. I went thru like 4 seats until I finally went back with this one and has been the most comfortable for traveling.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
the only thing to be wary of IMHO is if you have hip problems a wider seat will be uncomfortable on longer rides.
i have bursitis in my right hip and the wider Mustang solo seat i have keeps my legs spread too much, putting strain on my hip.
the HD Tallboy seat i have is much more comfortable on longer rides.

·
Registered
246 Posts
We went by Corbin at Daytona wound up with a heated dual touring saddle for our '15. have run several 300 mile mornings so far. It is more comfortable with a back rest but it does move me back so far I had to adjust my highway pegs. We survived 55,000 miles on the stock Harley seat so who knows. I'm 6'2" and 250.

·
7,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't nobouthat Fuzz, butt this demo from a shop in Corolane ID has tis assbackwards one, they call it the 'turddropper
Is that the clutch side or the brake?

·
7,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the feedback guys. I know most of the seat makers but had no experience with "Ultimate". Guess I'll take a ride over there one of these days and try one on. I love my Mustang 2 piece Tripper but my arthritis continues to get worse and I need something with a bit more foam under me. I got the 'assbone blues'!

·
Registered
636 Posts
I have a two piece with rider backrest. I use the stock TP pad for the wife.lets figure out a plan for you to try it out.
I’m driving down to Bradenton in a few days. I’ll sell it it’s a touch tall for my liking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I love my Mustang 2 piece Tripper but my arthritis continues to get worse and I need something with a bit more foam under me. I got the 'assbone blues'!
There is a guy in Lakeland that does seats. He can add or subtract from your seat and recover it. I have a few friends that have used him and are extremely happy. I'll get his info.

·
7,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a two piece with rider backrest. I use the stock TP pad for the wife.lets figure out a plan for you to try it out.
I’m driving down to Bradenton in a few days. I’ll sell it it’s a touch tall for my liking.

Thanks, but I've been in self quarantine for 8-9 days and intend to do it for at least another week. Maybe another time. I'm not going to do anything in terms of purchasing a seat until we're past this whole pandemic.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Didn’t think that through did I. I will phone in that Bradenton trip thankfully still working from some distance.

·
7,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Didn’t think that through did I. I will phone in that Bradenton trip thankfully still working from some distance.

No harm, no foul. I finally decided to take this thing seriously due to age and a couple of health issues which would qualify me in the high danger category if I were to contract it.

·
Registered
8,597 Posts
I'm 6'3" 285. Any big boyz out there using "Ultimate 2 piece seat" for 2009-2013 RGs? Like or dislike? Why? Would you buy again? Looking for something that is all day comfortable and would allow for 3-4 consecutive hours of comfortable seating. Looking for a long distance

1. I'm 6'3" 285. Any big boyz out there using "Ultimate 2 piece seat" for 2009-2013 RGs? Like or dislike? Why? Would you buy again? Looking for something that is all day comfortable and would allow for 3-4 consecutive hours of comfortable seating. Looking for a long distance

Not sure about the 2 piece on how well the ride is ,but was down at their store during Daytona. All their seats were well made and looked great. My bud bought a seat for his Wing while we were there . Had the Croc inlay added. He says it rides beautifully.

Attachments

·
7,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

1. Not sure about the 2 piece on how well the ride is ,but was down at their store during Daytona. All their seats were well made and looked great. My bud bought a seat for his Wing while we were there . Had the Croc inlay added. He says it rides beautifully.
Good to hear. Has he had it on any long rides yet?

·
Registered
8,597 Posts
No he just received it a couple of weeks ago and is on shelter at home like the rest of us. So he only managed a few short rides since.
Good to hear. Has he had it on any long rides yet?

·
7,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Let me know what he thinks once he's had a couple of good long rides on it. At the rate I'm riding right now (1 ride a week) I'm in no hurry to order a seat. I may send my mustang back to them and have them pull out the mounting apparatus at the back of the rider's seat. I don't have or want a back rest at this point and because I'm 6'3" I tend to push myself back in the seat to get more leg room (...or to get my belly off the tail end of the tank ... take your pick). It digs into my tail bone area at times. It has no reason to be there as long as I realize I'll never be able to use a back rest. Also, I'd want to see if they can put in a thin layer of memory foam on top of what's there. Guess I really should start by talking to Mustang to see what they can and cannot do and what the cost would be before I get serious about Ultimate or any other seat.

·
Registered
9 Posts
6'2 270 here. I had my seat redone at Mean City Cycles. I wanted more comfort but wanted to retain the stock look. Once I sent them my seat they called and reviewed what I wanted. The seat came back perfect. Looked great and is so much more comfortable than the stock RG seat. Some of the best money I've spent on my RG.

·
Registered
8,597 Posts
Let me know what he thinks once he's had a couple of good long rides on it. At the rate I'm riding right now (1 ride a week) I'm in no hurry to order a seat. I may send my mustang back to them and have them pull out the mounting apparatus at the back of the rider's seat. I don't have or want a back rest at this point and because I'm 6'3" I tend to push myself back in the seat to get more leg room (...or to get my belly off the tail end of the tank ... take your pick). It digs into my tail bone area at times. It has no reason to be there as long as I realize I'll never be able to use a back rest. Also, I'd want to see if they can put in a thin layer of memory foam on top of what's there. Guess I really should start by talking to Mustang to see what they can and cannot do and what the cost would be before I get serious about Ultimate or any other seat.
Will do . With this pandemic going on, I'm sure it's going to be a while. If you like the ergonomics of your mustang and just need a little adjustment, having it reworked may be the way to go,at least money wise. Then again you can be like the rest of us and have 4 or 5 seats hanging in the garage. :) Unless your like cousin Eddie of course , if he gets tired of the seat,he just buys another bike.

·
7,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If it wasn't for the back rest attachment hardware that needs to come out I probably wouldn't bother doing other changes, but if I'm going to have them pull it apart then I might as well take advantage of the opportunity and add just a touch more comfort. I'm riding their DayTripper 2 piece. Not really made for gentlemen of a certain build ..... and was made as an around town or Sunday ride seat. It's comfortable enough for the distances I ride most days now. I was thinking of getting a more comfortable seat for multi-day trips of 3-400 miles per day, and maybe 2-up. I have it in my mind to ride the "Blues Trail" from the Gulf north. Historical markers, historical Juke joints - some of which are still playing live music several nights each week. Also want to spend 7-10 days riding all the best that No. Carolina, Tenn., Kentucky, GA have. Other than what I rode at Shark Week Cherokee, I haven't done any of the other great rides of the southeast.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts