Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone mount their PN2.350D on top of their headunit like I've seen some folks do with the PBR amp?

I'm not real keen on my fabricating skills to make a bracket -- don't get me wrong, I'll do that if I have to, but it'll be ugly!

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you dont mount it there, the side of the inner with velcros an option.Thats what i did and many others have as well with our SS amps.
I'll try that. I have some strips of Duo-Lock somewhere I could try.

Even if its ugly no body will see it ;-)
But I would! ;) I was less worried about ugly than I would be about making it "right"

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BTW - I went the velcro route. I didnt' have enough of that duo lock stuff, so just some plain old 'industrial' strength velcro and it's secured pretty darn well.

the amp "could" fit over the head unit, but its such a squeeze, and would be hard to remove to service that it wasn't worth it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does anyone have any pics of it Velcro by the glove box? Looks like the wiring would be tight in the corner behind the glove box. I'm using the ss 4520d if it makes a difference

·
Registered
184 Posts
no pics, but I did mount my 4.520 with industrial Velcro on the inner fairing between glove box on right side of bike, it is tight, but works. had to angle it up in the front a bit to clear the outer fairing, with the gain controls to the front. pretty convenient, I can get in to adjust the gains just by taking out the right headlight instead of removing entire fairing.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does anyone have any pics of it Velcro by the glove box? Looks like the wiring would be tight in the corner behind the glove box. I'm using the ss 4520d if it makes a difference
no pics, but I did mount my 4.520 with industrial Velcro on the inner fairing between glove box on right side of bike, it is tight, but works. had to angle it up in the front a bit to clear the outer fairing, with the gain controls to the front. pretty convenient, I can get in to adjust the gains just by taking out the right headlight instead of removing entire fairing.
I did the exact same. with a 320d, so I didn't have to angle it up. It fit well. It's definitely not going ANYWHERE... it takes a lot to pull it our because you have to kind of pull it down across the velcro surface.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts