Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son decided he wants to wrestle next year and I need to lose some weight so I looked into the crossfit stuff and started doing it with him and I gotta say its pretty cool stuff, we do most of it outside but a good portion of the WODs can be done anywhere. Maybe some folks can post up some WODs here for the rest of us.

Last night we did the miracle mile and tonight we are going to attempt 800m burpee broad jumps, its gonna suck for me for sure.

Its quite inspirational to join a forum and see a group like this in the mix, either way I'll post up WODs that me and him do and maybe some other folks will too.

·
Registered
569 Posts
My son decided he wants to wrestle next year and I need to lose some weight so I looked into the crossfit stuff and started doing it with him and I gotta say its pretty cool stuff, we do most of it outside but a good portion of the WODs can be done anywhere. Maybe some folks can post up some WODs here for the rest of us.

Last night we did the miracle mile and tonight we are going to attempt 800m burpee broad jumps, its gonna suck for me for sure.

Its quite inspirational to join a forum and see a group like this in the mix, either way I'll post up WODs that me and him do and maybe some other folks will too.
Check out Bodybuilding.com. Look up Rich Groning. He has a few good ones inther. He is the reigning 2 time world CF champ.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I did the 3 bars of death a couple weeks ago and thought i was going to die and did it all with 225. It starts with 10 reps of bench dead lift and squats and you work your way from 10 reps to 1 rep for time. The true weight is like body weight on bench 1 1/4 for dead lift and 1.5 of body weight for squats.

I enjoy the cross fit work outs but cant get the kip pull up down and being 270 lbs makes it extra hard. Keep up the good work man

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
569 Posts
I did the 3 bars of death a couple weeks ago and thought i was going to die and did it all with 225. It starts with 10 reps of bench dead lift and squats and you work your way from 10 reps to 1 rep for time. The true weight is like body weight on bench 1 1/4 for dead lift and 1.5 of body weight for squats.

I enjoy the cross fit work outs but cant get the kip pull up down and being 270 lbs makes it extra hard. Keep up the good work man

Medic try a power lifting band attached to you foot. When i fatigue this is how i do it and i am 320+. Works real well and helps you stabilize.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was just going to say the same thing, throw a band to the foot

Spokane Ive checked them out and have done a few, I mostly use WODbox app genius to generate the WOD and urban warfit app as well

·
Registered
569 Posts
My only recomendation would be to make sure your form is perfect. ALot of injuries. I used to do olympic lifting and now to some powerlifting (755 bench, none of that roids crap either). Make sue you also do some slow twitch variable stuff. My Ortho Dr is always busy with the CF people tearing up rotator cuffs, pectoral tendons and bicep tendons. Be careful.

·
Registered
272 Posts
The Murphy WOD is a good one and there are no weights involved. You run a mile, do 100 pullups, 200 pushups and 300 air squats, then finish it out with another mile run. I usually break it up into 20 sets of 5 pullups, 10 pushups and 15 air squats. When you do your 2nd mile at the end, it's funny how you can't make your legs go....

Want to go real hardcore, look up "Seal Fit".

·
Registered
119 Posts
Memorial Day Murph...ultimate hero WOD...legs will be screaming. 800m burpee broad jumps? Now that is torture, and I like burpees.

·
Shark of the Month August 13
3,319 Posts
No one likes burpees, Lol.
Love CrossFit.....hate burpees... :cool:

Yesterday was my first day back (gone for the CA weekend ride) and I was welcomed back to 55 pre WOD burpees :mad: LOL

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369347602.980191.jpg

·
Registered
569 Posts
Burpee - 24" box jump (to other side) - burpee......repeat SMH can sorta taste my lunch just thinking about it again
That sucks try with a 20lb weighted vest. Kills the hams and glutes. i also like to do the pushups withthe vest and power band behind my back or with Chains over the neck. Obviously not as many reps great for stabilization issues and overall power output.

·
3,319 Posts
I have a few buddies that are "in shape" and trash talk CrossFit......yet they won't try it :rolleyes: I've got a few to do something as simple as

10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
Power Cleans
Burpees over box jumps
For time

LMAO those ones have since drank the kool-aid and now do CrossFit

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I did burpees playing rugby but never did them moving so does that mean you do a burpee and then when you jump you just jump forward instead of straight up.

Yup just jump forward and do the entire distance with Burpees only. I hate the darn things we use them as punishment for food splurges a lot, something unhealthy and we charge ourselves 25 burpees, I hate mondays more than ever because I usually have to pay up dearly but it has got me eating healthier. Got the 800m done in 56mins my son banged it out in 42mins, today is rest for sure whole body is destroyed, if ya try the burpee broad jumps have plenty of water around.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Yup just jump forward and do the entire distance with Burpees only. I hate the darn things we use them as punishment for food splurges a lot, something unhealthy and we charge ourselves 25 burpees, I hate mondays more than ever because I usually have to pay up dearly but it has got me eating healthier. Got the 800m done in 56mins my son banged it out in 42mins, today is rest for sure whole body is destroyed, if ya try the burpee broad jumps have plenty of water around.
Impressive! 800 M Burpees sounds like murder. Keep up the good work.

I'll have to try this:
10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
Power Cleans
Burpees over box jumps
For time

·
3,319 Posts
Impressive! 800 M Burpees sounds like murder. Keep up the good work.

I'll have to try this:
10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
Power Cleans
Burpees over box jumps
For time
LOL that ones always fun....wel maybe not so much on Wednesday :/

CrossFit Regionals (NorCal division) are going on this weekend in my town......talk about impressive!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts