Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for input if there's any wind protection differance between '98-'03 and '04-'08 fairing mounting brackets. I know that HD changed the angle of the fairing in '04. Anyone owned/rode the different years? Or changed their bracket?
Tired of the constant buffeting. I've been through a few windshields, no help at 6'3"

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
As far as I know the upper fairing height is the same on 98 to 2009.
The center bracket changed mostly because of the radio caddy which is part of the center bracket.
The buffeting is from the air that come from UNDER the upper fairing and the best cure is putting on hard fairing lowers.
Changing the windshield height doesn't make much difference in buffeting.
If you change the fairing support brackets you should consider using the 2010 brackets and then you can use the 2010 vented fairing lowers which will cut down the buffeting around 75 to 80%.
When I raised my upper fairing on my 08 it didn't make any difference on buffeting when riding without the fairing lowers.

·
Registered
988 Posts
If you are talking about the mount from the crash bar to the fairing, I know in 03 they were not chrome from the factory. I think in 04 or 05 they came chrome stock. If you are seeing differant part #s that may be why.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
As far as I know HD changed the '04+ angle of the fairing. The fairing mount neck bracket has different part #'s, and the lower engine guard (crash bar) mounts are different.
I'll have to do some searching on buffeting solutions, didn't think the lowers would help. I'll have to look into a set. I have the HD deflectors that mount on the crash bar under the fairing, I have to reroute my clutch cable so it doesn't hit.
New to the Road Glide Forums. I've been on the HDForums for awhile.
Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
988 Posts
You will hear a bunch of opinions on handling wind on this forum. To me, lowers make the biggest differance.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
As far as I know HD changed the '04+ angle of the fairing. The fairing mount neck bracket has different part #'s, and the lower engine guard (crash bar) mounts are different.
I'll have to do some searching on buffeting solutions, didn't think the lowers would help. I'll have to look into a set. I have the HD deflectors that mount on the crash bar under the fairing, I have to reroute my clutch cable so it doesn't hit.
New to the Road Glide Forums. I've been on the HDForums for awhile.
Thanks for any advice.
Vented Lowers, 10 & later brackets, GADS LTTD, HD Flaps, 12" WindSplitter = Aerodynamic Nirvana for me.

Nothing but clean air / no buffeting at any speed, with or w/o helmet! (6'4")

With the Lowers, GADS & Flaps I don't think the windshield really matters that much...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
7,215 Posts
You may want to look the Mutazu.com site. The offer cheaper alternatives as well and if I'm not mistaken, if you tell them you're a member of this forum you'll get a small discount

1 - 9 of 9 Posts