Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching an old "Biker Build Off" - Billy Lane vs. Indian Larry (RIP) and one of them (I think it was Lane), used a small airbag under the seat on his rigid frame chopper. Anyone old enough to have been around when hardtails were what you rode knows that a hardtail will decimate your spine if you ride it long enough. I am curious to know how much the air ride bag under the seat helps that situation. Any of you own or have ridden any distance on one of those seats?

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Only thing I have to offer you is this: I have an Airhawk seat pad on the Slim and if I put even a little too much air in it it makes me "roll around" which is as uncomfortable as taking a jolt from a big bump; so I think to put enough air in one to make a hard tail comfortable would just not be feasible unless there is something out there made specifically for that application. Got a "bug up your arse" Fuzzy? :eek::ROFLMAO::sneaky::coffee::coffee::cool:

·
7,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only thing I have to offer you is this: I have an Airhawk seat pad on the Slim and if I put even a little too much air in it it makes me "roll around" which is as uncomfortable as taking a jolt from a big bump; so I think to put enough air in one to make a hard tail comfortable would just not be feasible unless there is something out there made specifically for that application. Got a "bug up your arse" Fuzzy? :eek::ROFLMAO::sneaky::coffee::coffee::cool:
.... more like just thinking out loud. I know what you mean about the Airhawk as I have one. Sounds like you figured out that everyone (despite all the warnings) puts way too much air in them. After you release a little at each gas stop on the trip, you finally realize it only takes about 2 small breaths of air to make it right. The air seat I'm talking about has a black rubber airbag about an inch larger diameter than a 12 oz Coke can and about the same height as a can. The one I saw on TV had an actual solo type seat that has about a 3" apron around the bottom so it just looked like a thicker seat at a glance and it hid the air bag and seat structure from view.

Reactions: Jacksprat56

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
I was watching an old "Biker Build Off" - Billy Lane vs. Indian Larry (RIP) and one of them (I think it was Lane), used a small airbag under the seat on his rigid frame chopper. Anyone old enough to have been around when hardtails were what you rode knows that a hardtail will decimate your spine if you ride it long enough. I am curious to know how much the air ride bag under the seat helps that situation. Any of you own or have ridden any distance on one of those seats?
That was s good episode I’ll have to rewatch. On my old rigid Chopper I lowered the air pressure in rear tire to give it a little cushion

·
7,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, it took me about 60 seconds with a Goggle search and I found a bunch of info on at least one company's air suspension seat base. These guys look to have the market cornered, bu t maybe there's someone else doing it too.

Reactions: Zedbra
1 - 6 of 6 Posts