Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a biketronics splash guard. I guess it'll do what it says - prevent splashes, but what about actually riding in the rain? Are there other (better) options out there? Anybody fabbing their own? I have a Sony Marine stereo now, but I really want to upgrade to a Kenwood KDC-XC998CD. I don't want to spend a lot of money on a non marine grade stereo if I run the chance of frying it in the rain. Any suggestions would be great!

Dave

·
Registered
526 Posts
I've been caught in the rain several times while using my biketronics guard. I haven't had any issues. I've also been caught in the rain without it and the radio decides to turn off for a while.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I also use the biketronics guard, Here in Florida it rains all the time now- The guard works perfectly and does what its suppose to. Its cheap, simple and only cost a Twenty spot......And it WORKS!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Anyone use the Biketronics splash guard with a Hawg-Wired install kit? Any issues??? Thinking about trying the BT guard over a SONY Marine unit ... just lost my HK unit after washing the bike. Don't want the downtime again.

Cheers,
G

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I went with the v-twin install kit with the splash cover, top notch. Looks really nice and the splash cover fits tight. Not saying any thing against the Biketronics splash cover because I have one of there's also, I just like the way the v-twin cover looks.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I'll eventually get the V-twin kit. I like that it's a nice complete look and seal. Not too keen on the price though, but I'm sure it's worth it. With rides to New Mexico in a few weeks and Sturgis later, I'll hold off until later.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I think I'll eventually get the V-twin kit. I like that it's a nice complete look and seal. Not too keen on the price though, but I'm sure it's worth it. With rides to New Mexico in a few weeks and Sturgis later, I'll hold off until later.

It is well worth the money!! I had a Sony marine unit with no cover and it got ruined in a light drizzle. Got a new kenwood with the vtwin setup and got caught in a huge rain storm the other day. 50 mph gusts and 3 inches in less than an hour. Everything still works great.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's good to know. I think as soon as I get back from New Mexico, I'll order one. Thanks!

·
Registered
316 Posts
I've got a Biketronics splash cover for sale. Turns out it won't work with the Hawg Wired install kit. PM me if interested. Cost me $25 including shipping...it's still in the bag (realized when I saw it that it wouldn't fit).

Does the V twin guard work with the Hawg Wired install? Need a solution fast for my Pioneer head unit.

Cheers,
G

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I already have the same splash guard. Curious though. Why does it not work with the Hawg Wired kit?

·
Registered
316 Posts
The Hawg Wired install kit has a gasket (o-ring) that seals against the fairing opening. It is a TIGHT fit on a painted inner and still tight on a factory inner. No way you can slide the biketronics splash guard in there. Wish I knew that before I dropped the $25 ... but live and learn.

Cheers,
G

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
that's good to know. I was thinking about getting that kit. maybe I'll stick with Biketronics for everything.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts