Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I had the Vance and Hines fuel pak on my FLHTSEI2.
I thought it sucked!
Had stock header pipe, put on the Arlen Ness Big Suckr, and bike had scream-n-eagle mufflers , already installed.
I wouldnt waste my $ on it again.

·
Registered
409 Posts
They are great for those applications !! Very easy to install and set. Myseldf and several friends use them and get 40+ mpg also. I have stock headers and VH slip ons, heavy breather and fuelpak. Works GREAT for me !!

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
Ive got it on my RG and had it on a previous bike. I only have the stage1 AC and slipons which is all its really good for. If you plan on future engine mods i would seek other alternatives. Vance & hines tech is really good to work with and install is very easy. I would use the fuel pak again in the future

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
If you think you might be doing more mods(cams,heads or head work,or any other engine related)I would research the Power Vision or ThunderMax. I have the Power Vision tuner and really like it. Gonna come in hand later this year when I change cams. But if your gonna stay stage 1 and have no future plans, it would be a good buy.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
I had a Fuel Pak on my Nightster, hated it. It was not flexible enough, and way to difficult to program. When Fuel Moto came out with their retrofit PCV for my 2008 Nightster, I dumped the Fuel Pak for a PCV, bike ran SOOOOOOO much better.

Get a Power Vision, or at least a Power Commander V.

Did I mention the Nightster ran SOOOOO much better with the PC-V?

·
Registered
8,397 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
I had a Fuel Pak on my Nightster, hated it. It was not flexible enough, and way to difficult to program. When Fuel Moto came out with their retrofit PCV for my 2008 Nightster, I dumped the Fuel Pak for a PCV, bike ran SOOOOOOO much better.

Get a Power Vision, or at least a Power Commander V.

Did I mention the Nightster ran SOOOOO much better with the PC-V?
I can't imagine why you would say the Fuelpak is hard to program ?? Get the correct numbers, push the button, enter the numbers and move on to the next mode !!

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I am running the Fuel Pak with V&H power duals and Monster ronuds with Big Suckker AC. It works fine for me no other engine mods planned so no problem. It was very easy to install and program. I would do it all over again no hesitation. V&H also has good tech support.

·
Registered
97 Posts
totally agree, I had one on my nightster with s\e heavy breather and side shots and ran awesome. now running one on my shark with pro pipe and s\e heavy breather, with no other mods in the future and love it.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I had a FP on my EG with 10K plus flawless miles so I put one on my RG when I bought it and have 5K flawless miles on it so far. I bought one off someone on here and paid $200 for it and the throttle pak. Didn't like the throttle pak so I sold it for $100 so the FP only cost me $100. If all your ever going to do is stage 1 then the FP is cheap, easy and does everything you will want it to.

·
Registered
198 Posts
had a fuelpak on my 2011 FLTRU worked great milage good as well as git up and go Only drawback was i had a hesitaion off idle and killled it many times leaving a stop They tell me throttlepak solves this issue.
Went with power vision on my 2013 as i plan some more engine mods this spring

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ive got it on my RG and had it on a previous bike. I only have the stage1 AC and slipons which is all its really good for. If you plan on future engine mods i would seek other alternatives. Vance & hines tech is really good to work with and install is very easy. I would use the fuel pak again in the future
I agree....have it on my Road Glide Custom with slip on's and air filter and no problems

·
Registered
73 Posts
I had one on a 2008 Road King worked pretty good for about 2 years then broke and made the bike run lean, a friends did the same thing I just helped him put new bars and a power vision on his last weekend, I bought a 2013 RGC and put fuel motos power package on it, A/C, 2-1, power vision, if it was me and money was the issue, I'd run it stock till I could get the power vision, it does so much more for your money, like the ability to monitor MPG, engine temp, RPM, thats just a few.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts