Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lone Star Rally will be November 1-4 this year. I was wondering if there is any interest in having a meet and greet sometime during the rally.

I'm interested. I'm not sure about my work schedule, but I'm definitely interested if available....

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
I have yet to attend the Lone Star Rally as other things keep getting in the way but it is on my list so I will be watching this thread and hope to make it there this year.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
sounds good to me. I love the Lonestar Rally. great bands. Its free. u can find beer 2/$5

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I would love to go! Might be snowing here by then! Be nice to be down there!

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I'll be there Saturday and early Sunday. I'm caging it down from Dallas to catch a cruise ship from Galveston on Sunday afternoon.

The LSR is a GREAT rally. The entire island embraces the event. The cops are cool too. You can rev your motor, ride fast, show your tits, whatever, as long as you don't do wheelies or burnouts. The Strand on Saturday night is not to be missed.

I've never had success at getting together a hook-up over the last three years. I ran into Jimmy Ray last year at the Purple Cow by happenstance. If something comes together, I'll be there, but sans Hester.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I'll be there for sure. Had a great time last year and got a 2nd place trophy for my Honda Fury in the show. Don't ask me how many entries were in my class, I'll never tell ;)

That was a sweet bike. I miss it bad.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I'll be there for sure. Had a great time last year and got a 2nd place trophy for my Honda Fury in the show. Don't ask me how many entries were in my class, I'll never tell ;)

That was a sweet bike. I miss it bad.

Hey, I entered my old 1978 GS550 in that show too. I think I was right behind you. I was actually right in front of the autograph signing of Tommy flanagan(I think that's right)

Here we are:

Shamless photo plug

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hey, I entered my old 1978 GS550 in that show too. I think I was right behind you. I was actually right in front of the autograph signing of Tommy flanagan(I think that's right)

Here we are:

Shamless photo plug

How about that. Small world! Cool bike! Hope to see you down there this year.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Last year it was too cold the morning the show for me to ride that Fury with no windshield so I got a cheap hotel room near Galveston. Worked out good - I might do that again.

One good thing about entering your bike in the show is that you get a great parking spot for only $10.

I left around 4pm but the crowd at the Lone Star up to that point was very tame. Would be no problem for kids. Not sure what happens at night - I can't stay awake past about 9:30pm anyway.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Not sure what happens at night - I can't stay awake past about 9:30pm anyway.
It gets a little wild once all the beer starts kicking in. I was trying to leave around 10:00PM or so and some fool tried to do a burnout and ran into the crowd lining the street. Police had the road blocked off for 20-30 minutes until they pulled everybody out of the mess. But, it was still fun (except the mentioned event):D

Probably be back again this year if everything works out right.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would be interested, I am staying at Blowouts Lonestar campground, at the Galveston County Fairgrounds.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I will be there, last year we got a place and stayed the weekend. We allways ride in with Outlaw Dave on his ranch ride from Stubbs HD. Someone set it up I will try to make it by.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts