Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motorcycle accessories Car
Motor vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Motorcycle accessories
This is my 15 i got in august of 14 i had alot of issues with my 2012 Ultra but have had none with this Bike, the best Roadglide i have had yet, i am in CA so i ride everyday and by the time i get back from Laughlin i will already have 20,000 miles on it, any how i am hoping to hear if anyone is haveing any issues to look out for, Thanks

·
Registered
196 Posts
No issues with mine yet but then I only have 1200 miles on it. :D

·
Registered
548 Posts
Only issue I have with my 15' is, friggin rain. Here we have a saying, "what comes after 5 days of work? rain". :(

·
Registered
592 Posts
I had 2 clutch failures, The first time the dealer claimed that the hydraulic lines were too close to the exhaust and it caused the fluid to boil so the rerouted the hydraulic line and flushed and replaced the fluid. The second time it failed i took it to my local dealer and not the dealer i bought it from and they replaced the shaft and bearings that go from inside the transmission housing to the primary. I think they said it was the throw out bearings and rod. All under warranty. The bike had less than 1k miles on it. A few weeks later i ran into another 15RGS owner who had the exact same problem.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did the recall on my 15 FLTRXS clutch today also coming back from Laughlin my left vent broke so it is stuck shut, part is on order bummer, just past 17,000 miles all warranty issues dealer took care of everything.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Mike12, listen for any change in sounds, during cold starts, and when it's warm. The "C" lifters Harley is using are not as robust as the old "B" lifters, and some have had issues. When the warranty is over on my 2015 I will replace the OE lifters with S&S Premium lifters and adjustable pushrods. Reason for adjustable push rods is I won't need to remove the rocker covers, will be a quick process.

·
Registered
572 Posts
No issues with mine in 10,000 miles. I do need to bring her in for the recall, but haven't had issues with the clutch so I'm procrastinating on that.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I picked up my new bike during the first week of this past February in SoCal. I now have 6700 trouble-free miles on the odo. The service manager told me m bike's VIN indicated its not subject to the clutch recall. I hope he's right, cuz I don't want to be caught out in the middle of nowhere with a catastrophic problem. I'm riding the hella out of this bike far, far away from home-base..at "elevated" speeds, too ;)

The only problems I see with this bike are the silver on light-silver numbers of the speedo/tach/fuel/volt....and the stylistic angle of the info screen that gets washed out when the sun is behind and hits it just right. MOCO should've made that screen stand straight up like it does on the EGs.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
My brother and I just got back from a 1500 mile trip. He has a 15 and I have a 13. He had a bunch of problems. A lot of problems with the radio and nav. His ABS light would go on and off. He had a bunch of problems with buffing. We swapped bikes for a few miles and I couldn't wait to get my bike back. I didn't like it IMO.

I'm pretty sure I heard him say "I never had these problems with my 13 RG"

·
Registered
132 Posts
No problems with mine so far (knock on wood!) with the bike itself or the radio/Nav and I use them a lot. I'm at around 3800 miles (brought home in Jan '15) and loving every minute of it. Just out of curiosity, did you come back on I-40 from Laughlin, and if so, how did yours do with the cross wind and gusts?

I've been through bad winds before on my 2010 Road King, and this was pretty bad cross wind and gusts (my wife has the RK now, and this was her first time in this kind of heavy cross wind so she was rather freaked out, but OK); I had the two bottom vents open in the RGS for a while, and I don't think that was a good idea, the cross wind was throwing me around pretty bad. When I closed those vents, it was much better for me. Just wondering what your experience was along that stretch.

The bike has been awesome in all regards... I didn't think it would handle better than the RK, but I was wrong about that... I just smile through the curves! Like someone else posted, if the sun is behind you just right, the display is impossible to see sometimes, but I just remember I had no display on my RK or any other bike before that, so I just ignore the display during that time, and should probably ignore it more often than I do anyway.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Mine's only a month old and has been nothing but trouble. Has spent 12 days in the shop already and cost me heaps of cash!!!!

First up the stock wheels needed to be replaced with chromed ones because chrome looks better. Then it had to go to my tuner because I was having trouble with lack of power. Tuner fitted new exhaust, AC and cams - more cash.

Other failures that needed fixing were the rear shocks, fork inserts, seat, bars, amp and speakers, windscreen, grips, lack of sissybar, and more. None of these parts were replaced under warranty.:D

·
Gone But Not Forgotten
3,964 Posts
Mine's only a month old and has been nothing but trouble. .... None of these parts were replaced under warranty.:D
..... dam
....... if'n i was havin' that many issues ..... i'd be'a wishin' i'd just gone ahead'n got the cvo ;)

·
Registered
74 Posts
..... dam
....... if'n i was havin' that many issues ..... i'd be'a wishin' i'd just gone ahead'n got the cvo ;)
Nah. I put 20,000mls into a twincooled Limited. After several leaks and finally a waterpump failure I'd had enough. Maybe they will get watercooling right a few years down the track.

BTW. My WP failed on a short 4 mile ride on a cool Autumn evening. Bike lit up like a Christmas tree. Won't run without it.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Mine's only a month old and has been nothing but trouble. Has spent 12 days in the shop already and cost me heaps of cash!!!!

First up the stock wheels needed to be replaced with chromed ones because chrome looks better. Then it had to go to my tuner because I was having trouble with lack of power. Tuner fitted new exhaust, AC and cams - more cash.

Other failures that needed fixing were the rear shocks, fork inserts, seat, bars, amp and speakers, windscreen, grips, lack of sissybar, and more. None of these parts were replaced under warranty.:D
Tell me about it. I'm not sure what I enjoy more, riding the bike, or accessorizing. It's just a grown mans Barbie. I little bedazzle here, a little bedazzle there....

I sound like a girl.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey black bag I would go to harley web sight put in your vin because your bike is in recall al 15with black master cylinder plus you will get notice in mail

·
Registered
4 Posts
I picked mine up in October of 2014. I had a great 2000 miles on it then.... The first thing that went out were my gauges. I had the bike on a trailer form Ohio to South Carolina in a rain storm and water got behind the MPH/TAC pods and shorted everything out. The dealer replaced this under warranty but it took about a week and a half. Then they called me up for a clutch recall which went smooth. I put another 1000 on it since then and everything seems to be okay. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
34 Posts
2015 with 1100 miles acquired in late March, something loose in the front. First time you hit the brakes and the forks compress there is a clunk. The ignition switch gets stuck in the locked position. 3 times I've unlocked the bike but still had locked forks. This is my First HD, have had 3 Hondas and a couple of Yamaha and put a LOT of miles on them, never a problem with any of them. Will call this out when I return for the initial service. Hope this is not a trend.

·
Registered
6,609 Posts
Purchased my bike last Oct and currently have 12,000 miles.
My new 2015 RGS has been spot on perfect.
Good Luck
SWomack

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have had the volume control fail a couple of times, to fix you must power down the ignition and let the radio reboot. Also the bike will not start in gear with the clutch pulled in. only starts in neutral. Coming from a 2005 with 50,000 miles I love the 103, the brakes, and seems to buffer alot less.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Like Chinashop Bull, my 2015 RGS has been nothing but money... Ugh!

LED bulbs all around, V/H Hioutput/air filter/tuner, monotubes front & Ohlins back, Mustang seat, KW 14" windshield, Rokker speakers, chrome lowers... and the list goes on.

:)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts