Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember reading a lot of threads about apes slipping in the risers or moving forward and back, and some people cutting up aluminum cans and sliding that aluminum sleeve around the bars where the riser clamp bites down or people using sandpaper to scuff up the inside of the riser clamp.

Anyone ever have any issues with the F47 bars moving, where they had to do something like this?

I'm in the process of adding my 12" Malo's and if I need to put something in there, I would hate having to take everything apart twice.

·
Registered
152 Posts
You won't have any problems with the 12" bars. The slipping you're referring to comes from running 18" or taller bars or bars that aren't knurled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I remember reading a lot of threads about apes slipping in the risers or moving forward and back, and some people cutting up aluminum cans and sliding that aluminum sleeve around the bars where the riser clamp bites down or people using sandpaper to scuff up the inside of the riser clamp.

Anyone ever have any issues with the F47 bars moving, where they had to do something like this?

I'm in the process of adding my 12" Malo's and if I need to put something in there, I would hate having to take everything apart twice.
No slipping at all, but I do wish I would have installed some new riser bushings. Mine flex a decent amount.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I actually drilled and tapped the riser clamp to install Allen set screws for additional grip. Did it help maybe. They don't slip but I don't push it up hill with hands on the grip

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,373 Posts

Lol. I remember those days. 18" apes on my 48 pan. Factory Springer with the dog bone set up.

My 12s don't budge.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I had my local wrench install my 16's. I told him to get new riser bushings and he forgot. I went to pick it up and holy crap. There was a TON of flex. Totally unacceptable. Of course he threw bushings in and that fixed it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts