Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys so I am a newbie to forums so please bare with me. I have a 2010 Road glide custom and I am making it more comfortable for me, I am 5'7-5'8 so I found my biggest issue is wide bars when doing tight u-turns. I've ridden a 14 inch hangers but they are just too wide so I am thinking about doing 12-14 t-bars. Does anyone know if they have any issues being a narrower bar for touring ridding?

·
Registered
414 Posts
I was thinking about that for a while, however, I ended up with F47 14” bars.
I believe the biggest issue is re-locating the gauges, since the tbar design blocks most of the view. You could probably do it without re-locating the gauges, but it might be troublesome. The narrower bars would make a a little easier to split lanes too.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
I have 14 inch Wild one Reaper bars and one of the things I love is that they are narrow, I have them on my 2011 FLTRX, most comfy bars I have ever had on a scoot.

·
Registered
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
1,219 Posts
I prefer taller bars as well but do not like how most apes are between 36-40" in width. I had FMB Choppers make me a set of bars to my exact height/width/and pullback, OAW was 32". If you want T-bars and like that look, then go that route. If you prefer traditional bars/apes, then have a look at FMB and email Dave (the owner) prior with any questions. I had a set of bars for Rushmore made with the 1" tubing for my Pre-Rushmore bike; they'll make what you want and the price isn't through the roof.

·
Registered
321 Posts
@Gashole_Garage I've tried 5 different handlebars including the stock. I'm 5'-6" and ride a lot of offroad.....so dirtbike handlebar width is preferable. That, plus I've logged many more miles on sportbikes or ADV bikes and like the more narrow bar myself.

I landed on about 31-33 inches as my ideal width and comfort. This is a very personal preference. I think you & I are looking for the same width though. I found the typical apes were waaaaay to wide for me as well and just looked super goofy on the bike.

To directly answer your question: No; I've had no issues with my handlebars in turning or touring long distances. Just rode 385 miles Saturday with no issues in twitchy handling, stability in general or turning at speed or into parking spaces. You will lose a little leverage. You will not notice it after a day of riding and you'll gain some feel in quick 'cutting' maneuvers in my opinion. I've placed about 1k miles on my latest bars and love 'em.

·
Registered
321 Posts
......and my bars are hybrid T-Bars - Vindikta Hoop Teeze. I didn't want to fiddle with my gauge cluster, top clamp or any other $$ parts.

I also tried LA Choppers Road Glide Kage Fighters and really liked the adjustability! I just found the shortest height was too high for my liking.

·
Registered
137 Posts
......and my bars are hybrid T-Bars - Vindikta Hoop Teeze. I didn't want to fiddle with my gauge cluster, top clamp or any other $$ parts.

I also tried LA Choppers Road Glide Kage Fighters and really liked the adjustability! I just found the shortest height was too high for my liking.
Dang, wish those Vinditka bars existed when I was looking at bars back in 2015, I probably would've gone with those - I love my F47's, but I'm liking the t-bar look a bit more lately - and I like the fact you don't need to re-locate the gauges, yet you get the feel of T-bars!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I’m a huge fan of FXR Division bars. They are 30.5” wide and have a 12° wrist angle. I did their split MX bars on my 17 RGU, but needed a Kraus Raptor Plate and had to drill out the nacelle. I just purchased a 2020 RGS and ordered their 12” Motorwitch bars which are the same hand and wrist positions but rise from the sides like apes. This time I won’t have to order extra parts and drill out the gauge cluster cover (nacelle). Being at 30.5” wide, 12” tall, and 12° wrist angle is perfect for my riding style, giving me more control and stability. I can’t wait to change bars, as I’m awaiting arrival of mine, it’s a total game changer. I absolutely hate being wide-gripped and the bend of the stock bars are painful to ride In the shoulders, hands, and wrist. Check out the FXR Division website, it’s at least worth a look, they make set ups for 15-on and pre-15 Road Glides.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the 12" Motorwitch bars from FXR Division and they are perfect. I'm 5'7 and had the HD Chizeled Lo (too low) and 14" KST Pioneers (too high) which is why both are for sale now......these are awesome, narrow enough and tall enough....much better in the control department!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 19 Road Glide and went with Thrashin supply 6.5 pullback risers and high bend bars. Very comfortable. I am 6'3.

·
Registered
100 Posts

I went with West Coast 14” T bars on both my sharks. No need to relocate anything. I’m 5’9” and can see over them fine. They’re the best bars I’ve ever used. Simple install.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts