Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After toasting my first setup of the pbr 300.2 and Polk mm651's, I think I'm going a whole new direction with the next selection. I've read a lot of good things about the soundstream 4.520, and I think I'm set on that for an amp. Where I'm getting a little indecisive is on the speaker side. Leaning towards the four speaker( 2 inside the inner fairing and two in factory holes). I know a lot of you are running the infinity 62.11, which is what I'm probably gonna run in the factory spots. I'm wondering if anyone is running the 63.9 by infinity, was thinking of putting a pair of those on the inside part of the inner fairing with the thought that I could direct the sound a little better. Anyone have any experience with these or any advice to offer?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I've not had any but I have been researching this to the hilt and I do t think you'll be able to mount that PN4.520D if you have inner speakers.
The people that I've seen use this amp had to mount it between the inner fairing and the glovebox due to the shear size. It doesn't fit above the radio either.
Dbell will be the man to talk to about infinity speakers also. Good luck.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didn't think that the extra 1 1/4" in length would keep it from mounting it where my fosgate currently is. I made a bracket that mounts it beside the radio from about the gauges down. I guess if that wouldn't fly I could step down to the 4.320 by soundstream or go with the nvx mvpa4 which is a touch smaller than the fosgate. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I was able to fit it in with 2 factory and 2 on inner fairing, I ran the pn4 520 along the side going top to bottom.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Sorry, no pics all buttoned up,
I put amp on CIG lighter side, made to remove air temp gauge and put fuel gage in top guard area and omit the air temp, the amp does fit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts