Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious if anyone has found a way to lower the hammock seat (heated). It sits great for full days but it just sits me higher than I like. I got a sundowner seat and like the lower position better, but me and especially wife get butt-burn after a few hours. I called Mean City Cycles and they won't touch the hammock. I do know the internals are different, sling and all.

Anyway, if anyone has lowered this seat I'd be curious. Oh, and I don't want to lower w/ shocks, lowering kit, etc - just modify the seat. Thanks in advance!

Ron

·
Registered
138 Posts
I've wondered about this myself. I've asked many seat modifiers and they say because of the sling type seat,it can't be done.
I was told by a few they could by taking the seat apart,cutting down the foam and recovering it,but the part that makes it so comfortable ( sling) wouldn't be part of the seat anymore..lol
Maybe some seat modifiers will chime in...

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Call Mean City Cycles, if they can’t do it no one can.
I’ve used them they do great work. They are in North Carolina and on the web
Said he tried and they won't either.

How about using footboard extension. Or moving/change the bars? To give you the "lower" feel. that's all I can offer. Cannot really change the frame or seat pan.

·
Registered
814 Posts
The one seat that Mean City won’t touch is the hammock seat; someone else might that I don’t know of...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts