1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
I don't know if you read the details, but that's just a midrange speaker, you would at least need a tweeter and crossovers to go with it, and a woofer if you want good bass, so you're going to end up spending more anyway.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was actually just checking that out. I see some folks put tweeters in place of their gauges. I had thought about that or the Hogtunes tweeter pod. I may go back to the drawing board. I want some 6.5's. Any suggestions on that? Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
156 Posts
I was actually just checking that out. I see some folks put tweeters in place of their gauges. I had thought about that or the Hogtunes tweeter pod. I may go back to the drawing board. I want some 6.5's. Any suggestions on that? Thanks for any help!
Go get a set of infinity 62.11i and call it a day. Can't beat em for the price and quality.

·
Registered
8,790 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Go get a set of infinity 62.11i and call it a day. Can't beat em for the price and quality.
I read up on them, but my stereo is 4ohms and those are 2. Looking at the Polk DXI 651's.

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
Can the Infinity's get wet ?
Mines get pretty wet when it rains. .... they still work. :D Quite honestly 90% of the speakers made now are water resistant, unless you just continually pour water on them or try to go swimming with them, they'll be ok.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Are you going to amp them?
I have a Hogtunes amp right now, but I'm not even sure if it's 2 or 4 ohm's. One thing I do know is that it's only something like 24 watts or something crazy low like that. My buddy said it's a waste to even have it in there. I'll be looking at a Soundstream amp sooner than later.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have a Hogtunes amp right now, but I'm not even sure if it's 2 or 4 ohm's. One thing I do know is that it's only something like 24 watts or something crazy low like that. My buddy said it's a waste to even have it in there. I'll be looking at a Soundstream amp sooner than later.
The Hog Tune system is set up for two ohms. . . Your buddy is right. Waste of time. Not nearly enough power. Here is why I asked if you were going to use an amp:

If you use a 2 or 4 ohm compatible amp it doesn't matter what the HU is. From 2007 Up the Harley head unit is 2 ohms. But guys use 4 ohm amps all the time. The Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 is a good example. Personally I'm not that impressed with the X4 because it is only rated for 4 ohms (Not 2 ohm compatible) and only 75 watts per channel.

On the other hand the X2 is much more impressive!! That's why it's such a good fit with the Infinity's!! The birth sheet (What the amp actually produces) on the X2 is always around 190 watts @ 2 ohms. This is where the amp performs best. It's 2 or 4 ohm compatible but will only give you about 125 to 130 watts with the Polks you want to use @ 4 ohms. Huge difference!!

Get the infinity's and the X2 and you will be a happy camper. Trust me!

Just as an FYI - I have a Barely used X2 sitting on my shelf in the garage I'll let go for 75.00. I had it on my bike for a month before I expanded my system and went with two sound stream 520.D's

·
Registered
264 Posts
The Hog Tune system is set up for two ohms. . . Your buddy is right. Waste of time. Not nearly enough power. Here is why I asked if you were going to use an amp:

If you use a 2 or 4 ohm compatible amp it doesn't matter what the HU is. From 2007 Up the Harley head unit is 2 ohms. But guys use 4 ohm amps all the time. The Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 is a good example. Personally I'm not that impressed with the X4 because it is only rated for 4 ohms (Not 2 ohm compatible) and only 75 watts per channel.

On the other hand the X2 is much more impressive!! That's why it's such a good fit with the Infinity's!! The birth sheet (What the amp actually produces) on the X2 is always around 190 watts @ 2 ohms. This is where the amp performs best. It's 2 or 4 ohm compatible but will only give you about 125 to 130 watts with the Polks you want to use @ 4 ohms. Huge difference!!

Just as an FYI - I have a Barely used X2 sitting on my shelf in the garage I'll let go for 75.00. I had it on my bike for a month before I expanded my system and went with two sound stream 520.D's
Inbox me about that amp. I need it asap!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

all good information. Thanks. As for the amp, my cash is tight right now. I see another guy is interested, so I'll pass on it. Thanks though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts