Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to put 4 speakers in the fairing but not sure how to go about mounting an extra 2 and where to mount. I've gathered a new Marine Kenwood head unit, CV B-52 Amp and two Marine 6 1/2" speakers. I'd appreciate anyone's experience in doing this so I don't have to reinvent the wheel so to speak and before I order an additional 2 speakers....

Thanks and Happy Holidays to all.:smile:

·
Super Moderator
9,934 Posts
Scott (Shrug) has four big honkers in the fairing , I have a pitcher somewhere of it , looks good ... He told me the setup , but I forgot .. Think he has an after market inner , may be wrong ..

·
Registered
900 Posts
I have seen a few set ups with the two extra speakers in the fairing. They cut the holes down in the inside. Pointing the speakers at the forks. It’s really the only place with room inside the fairing for the magnets.

04 Road Glide

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Scott (Shrug) has four big honkers in the fairing , I have a pitcher somewhere of it , looks good ... He told me the setup , but I forgot .. Think he has an after market inner , may be wrong ..

Pic would be great if you could post it.
Thanks

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have seen a few set ups with the two extra speakers in the fairing. They cut the holes down in the inside. Pointing the speakers at the forks. It’s really the only place with room inside the fairing for the magnets.

04 Road Glide
I know what your talk'n about, just look'n for as much info as I can get (details, measurements, pics, video etc.) before I proceed with it.

Thank you

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
As jack said Shrug has 4 speakers on top facing rider but it's definitely an aftermarket inner fairing and you loose gloveboxes with this setup. As clutch said with stock inner there's only one place to fit two additional speakers and it requires drilling two holes with a holesaw, Yaffe has a template for this. I also added reinforcement rings that I cut out of plastic cutting board on inside to stiffen up the thin inner fairing.

I have some pics in my build thread, but if you search inner fairing speakers you'll find threads and lots of info.
https://www.roadglide.org/65-road-glide-builds-document-your-builds-here-new/292473-my-2012-black-denim-build.html

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
This is a great mod for a pre Rushmore glide. I miss the sound you get from the 2’lower inner fairing speakers.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
A few more, I put bigger speakers in and had to take a small nip out of the glove box’s.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
I have 6.5 polks cut in facing forks and did not have to trim glove box. They will fit if you take your time on placement.
Yea I switched mine out a while back with Alpine SPR60’s 6.5 as per Biketronics advice to compliment the rest of my BT setup. No trimming of gloveboxes either. Rock on!

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
Yea I switched mine out a while back with Alpine SPR60’s 6.5 as per Biketronics advice to compliment the rest of my BT setup. No trimming of gloveboxes either. Rock on![/QUOTE

I switched to the SPR60's at the suggestion of Nordic, great sounding speakers down low.

Good luck, looking forward to final pics a review!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts