Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Go to a PPG supplier and youll only pay ~$60-80 and itll be guaranteed to match
Thanks - but I already tried that and didn't have any luck. I work in the insurance biz and have 2 shops that shoot PPG exclusively and have mixing rooms. They can't mix BBP. I even talked directly to their supplier one day. They can't get BBP to pull up either. From what I can tell, BBP is one of the colors that has to be special ordered. Before I found that out, I was going to pay one of my shops to shoot the extensions for me.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Take this into a PPG supplier and they will pull it up and it will contain the mixing recipe. The BBP is a blue metal flake sprayed over a vivid black base coat then covered in a pearl clear.

Big Blue Pearl 930849

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I gave that number to them, and was even watching when they tried to pull it up in the computer. No luck. Road Hawg has also mentioned on the forum that BBP is only available via special order, seemed to be in line with what the PPG supplier was telling me. Maybe I should try a different supplier. I would much rather pay 60 bucks for some aerosol than 400 for a factory pack.

·
Registered
672 Posts
My buddy bought some from harley for his inner fairing on his 12 SG so I kbow its available but HD must not have released tjat number to suppliers yet

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's what I'm hearing. Sounds like BBP is one of the "special" colors that you have to buy in a factory pack in order to get it. If that's the only good option I guess I'll just hold out to buy the paint until I have more than the extensions to paint

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
The BBP at the dealer parts counter only mimics the real BBP effect, it is not a true basecoat formula.

And yes it is one of the PPG "special order" colors and your local jobber will order it from the PPG Cleveland plant for $302.11 per pint which is what I paid recently when I was painting a set of Topshop bags.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Road Hawg. I have been contemplating going with a CVO rear fender. I guess it's not worth 400 bucks in paint plus painter labor unless I'm having a few parts painted. I'm sure I'm the only person that will say this, but I'm not a fan of a painted inner fairing. In the interim, I guess I can just get the Street Glide fascia and get it color matched. Maybe that will hold me over till I have the $$ to get the CVO fender and extensions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts