Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pbr300x4 hooked up to 4 polk db 6.5's and a set of bd 1001 tweeters.
It sounds great and doesnt shut off even at full volume but when i ride it will shut off for a second and come back on. Sometime it doesnt do it for a while and other times it does it very often. I am not new to 12v audio as i have been doing it for many years and even did it dor a living for about 10 years but i cant fugure out why im having this problem and was wondering if anybody else has had the same kind of issue. I know a bad speaker will cause ot to go into protection but it only does it when im ridding. I know its not a loose connection because everything was soldered and heat shriinked. I have a friend that had his aftermarket radio shutting off and found that it was because the voltage was going to high and causeing it to shut down and was wondering if that could be my problem too. I cant ride and test anything so im stumped at this point. Any input would help. Thanks

2010 Road Glide Custom

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
the screw in terminals, which are 10 gauge, are not the most robust

I had one jiggle loose, I had installed with 8ga wire, because initially my 10/12 gauge power wire was a limiting factor also, swedged down the 8ga to fit tightly before securing it with the set screw, then wrapped with some temflex to help isolate and hold in place

still after about 12k miles one did

the other issue could be your speakers themselves getting hot

·
Shark of the Month December 2013
679 Posts
Mine does this also and i was wondering what caused it. I have two PBR 300x2 amps but only the one that is hooked up to two pairs of hawg wired zx series 6.5 does it. When it does it, ill just shut it off for a while. I think its my amp getting hot.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Mine does this also and i was wondering what caused it. I have two PBR 300x2 amps but only the one that is hooked up to two pairs of hawg wired zx series 6.5 does it. When it does it, ill just shut it off for a while. I think its my amp getting hot.

and also when you try and max out the gains for every last drop of voltage

mine is gain about 6 and 5.5 was more consistent

how are those dual ZX sounding?

·
Shark of the Month December 2013
679 Posts
Haha the gain on my amps are around 6 as well. I actually have six zx series. The rears are just on the amp by themselves. It sounds pretty damn good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts