Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure how many members on here from the Louisiana/Mississippi area, but I'm working near New Orleans right now and was looking for some people to ride with that know their way around. If you know of a good place to ride, organized rides taking place, or want to go exploring let me know. Haven't found a lot of great roads down here yet, but I'm glad to be riding since there's snow on the ground in Iowa!!

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Trying to get a riding club in New Orleans in touch with you.

As far as the roads, Mississippi and Louisiana have a recycling program. When ever we get a new road we give Louisiana our old one. :D

Just kidding!!!!

Merry Christmas !!!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a lot, I don't mind exploring alone, but it's nice to ride with the locals who know the places a guy should and shouldn't go.

I think you're right about the road program, there's plenty of bumps in the roads around that will knock the cruise off when you hit them!

Merry Christmas to you as well, It'll be different to ride the scooter instead of the snowmobile in December this year!

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Here is a nice ride for you with a fantastic restaurant to boot. Good Cajun cooking and a lot of it.

The restaurant is Bertholots in Port Vincent.

Airline Highway to La 431 just above Sorrento. 431 will take you right to Bertholots.

Leave Bertholots and cross the river.

Right at the light. Thats 16 / 42.

Follow to La 444. Take all the way to Killian.

At La 22 take a right. This is the nice part of the ride. Curvy roads and a nice scenic ride along a bayou. 22 will take you back Sorrento and Airline Highway.

Good luck and ride safe!

·
Life Member
1,041 Posts
Head up to Baton Rouge and take Hy 61 north to Natchez Ms, then on up 61 toward Vicksburg Ms. When you get to Lorman stop at the country store and eat lunch then head out to the Windson Ruins.then on to Vicksburg National Military park. Then east on I 20 to Jackson, back down I55 south to New Orleans. When are you wanting to do this and how long will you be here.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to both of you for the route ideas!

I'll be here 'till around new years, so if it doesn't rain this weekend I'll probably try to take the 425 mile trip up to Jackson, and if the weather is iffy I'll take the shorter one. These both look like great routes to get off the main highways:D

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'm right up the road in Port Allen, LA. Just across the river from Baton Rouge. I've been looking for a good ride for this weekend. If you don't mind me tagging along, PM me and I will send you my phone number.

Buz

I

·
0 Posts
New Orleans

I am in Marrero, 10 miles from New Orleans.
There is a lot of riding around here, Wed night bike night at the Kamp in Harahan.

sorry, this was in response to another thread by someone who is working in the Reserve area. I must have not clicked on the right "post" button.

I am doing a toy run that starts at exit 5A off the 12 in Pearl River, goes into Mississippi than back to the VFW in Pearl River, everyone should be there by 1000 on Saturday Dec 11th.

Joe

·
Registered
267 Posts
Post trip route and time you looking to be in the area, I,ll try to round up some in this area to meet for lunch or dinner
The weather ain't looking too good for Saturday in your area. Hopefully, it'll change between now and then. That would be a good ride.

Buz

·
Registered
267 Posts
You know what they say. It ain't the slippin and slidn that'll get you, it's the sudden stop. Gonna keep an eye on the weather. May have to ride somewhere down here. I don't want to hijack 09fltr's ride, but if anybody else wants to join in, holler.

Buz

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Ain't that how it is! Get a ride together and Mother Nature make other plans for you. :D

Better days to come!!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Don't worry about hijacking this thread, I'm hijacking ya'lls favorite rides!

The more the merrier, specially when it's a sea of sharks

1 - 20 of 29 Posts