Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
I'm running the kenwood and you cannot see anything in the sun. You can barely see it at night with the angle of the mount. Sounds great tho :D

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm running the kenwood and you cannot see anything in the sun. You can barely see it at night with the angle of the mount. Sounds great tho :D
I figured that..;-( Can't really see any of them on a RG. What setup are you running? Amps? Speakers?

·
Registered
59 Posts
True.

I am currently the Kenwood rep for New England, and my dealers all use the same two models on RG's.

THe KDC-X995 (new Excelon model) and the KDC-X794 (Last year's model)

These have the best display for direct sunlight viewing, and the USB is on the rear of the radio. Also, the KDX-X995 had Bluetooth, which although useless on a bike, will at least let you know when you have a call coming in.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
True.

I am currently the Kenwood rep for New England, and my dealers all use the same two models on RG's.

THe KDC-X995 (new Excelon model) and the KDC-X794 (Last year's model)

These have the best display for direct sunlight viewing, and the USB is on the rear of the radio. Also, the KDX-X995 had Bluetooth, which although useless on a bike, will at least let you know when you have a call coming in.
The face on the KDC-X995 looks like the KDC-BT948HD. What difference is there?

·
Registered
59 Posts
The face on the KDC-X995 looks like the KDC-BT948HD. What difference is there?
Truthfully, not much, however....

The KDC-X995 and KDC-X794 both have the ability to reverse the contrast of the display, or "go negative". This is makes it completely visible on the RG... the only thing is direct sunlight glare will still make it wash out.

The Excelon version is available through Excelon dealers only (no big-box dealers) and has a 2 year warranty when they install it.

I highly recommend going into your local dealer to purchase. DO NOT BUY ONLINE. With exception of Crutchfield and a few specialty dealers, Most manufactuerer's do not allow their products to be sold on-line, otherwise the warranty is void.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any issues with the removable/fold down face? I have been through 4 Sony's because the vibration kills the contacts where the face plate contacts the head unit.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Any issues with the removable/fold down face? I have been through 4 Sony's because the vibration kills the contacts where the face plate contacts the head unit.
so far no... Funny, I was the Sony rep last year, and the only bad Sony radios I saw were from Harley Touring installs (like 3 or 4 of them)....

I am still going to use my CDX-GT930UI, because I have it... If it breaks, I'll swap it for the KDC-X995.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so far no... Funny, I was the Sony rep last year, and the only bad Sony radios I saw were from Harley Touring installs (like 3 or 4 of them)....

I am still going to use my CDX-GT930UI, because I have it... If it breaks, I'll swap it for the KDC-X995.
Probably all mine, That's what I was running....CDX-GT930UI.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts

Probably all mine, That's what I was running....CDX-GT930UI.
This is what I bought for mine. The Sony gt930. Was gonna go Alpine but didnt. Any way,... can you play a CD w/o it skipping???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts