Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like these bars, I have a stretched clutch cable +4 on my 2011 FLTRX and was wondering how high I can go with stock cables, it's either going to be 12s but I am leaning towards 14s, love the look of these bars, any info is much appreciated, as well as pics, thanks fellas.

·
Registered
235 Posts
From what I can tell, one can run 14" Renegades without going with longer cables, but I think they have to be re-routed. Looking at going this route myself.

Edit: Just realized you were on an earlier model. My statement applies to '17+

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, yes I am pre- Rushmore, o really like those bars though, finally found something that I am happy with the design, if I have to strech no biggie, winter mod anyway.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Pre Rushmore Glides, you can typically run 12s without having to extend the front brake or clutch. You may have to extend the wiring but that’s not a hard and fast rule. On 15-up Glides, you can run 14s without having to change the hyrdrualic clutch or front brake lines. You will have to extend the wiring by a few inches so that they plug back in. The biggest thing you need to remember on 15- up is to cut the zip ties around the risers, one on each riser. I just put 14s on my bike during my lunch break.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well it looks like the bars i like dont come in step down for my risers, kind of a PIA to have to switch those too, i saw the KSTs, outlaws and double pointed ones on top but round at the bottom and there 1.25, so that leaves me with Wild ones reapers my only choice, sucks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Love my 2017 FLTRU as installing 14" Factory 47 Signature Bars was a breeze compared to when I installed 12" Outlawz on my 2009 FLTRSE3. In the speedometer-odotometer nacelle there are small plug connectors for the handlebar wires. On the 2009 there were 12 separate wires in the left bar and besides the 12 wires the right handle bar, there were 4 wires for the fly-by-wire throttle and 2 for heated grips. I finally cut the connectors off the right wires and used Deutsch connectors as well as completely cutting off the heated grip wires which I did not use. That made installation a snap. It was easy, especially since my father-in-law was a vice president of Deutsch years ago.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mine is a 2011, so I have settled on road 6 holey rollers for my upgrade in 13 inch. Since I need the step down to an inch for my risers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts