Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My RGC has the dark little shield that barely goes above the fairing, its like 4". It looks great, but offers little protection.

Does anyone have a 10"-15" that they swap on for a trip?

Are there disadvantages to this, such as stripping like the fairing does?

·
Registered
526 Posts
I switch shields quite a bit. Tall for road trips and colder months. I couldnt say how often I have swapped out shields. I'd recommend always having extra well nuts though. If you drop one in the fairing, no big deal. There's a few threads on here about better well nuts. I think the preferred ones are cee baileys.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had that same little 5" on my 13 FLTRX , bought a 12" but too much so got a 8" Klockwerks and really like it , keeping the 12 for cold weather tho !!

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Come winter I put on my 14" Windvest for more protection from cold and rain. Then in summer I put on the lower Bagger shield. The only time the Bagger shield gets flipped up is on the rare occasion when the wife is with me. This is because the top of the shield when up is lined up directly in my line of sight.

No issues with anything stripping out. Just starting to collect well nuts in the fairing. Just haven't had any reason to pull off the fairing lately to remove the well nuts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts