Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my passenger backrest off and the right side seemed impossible, I actually had to tap the clamp with a hammer (rubber dead blow hammer) to get it to move both on and off. The left side popped right off with minimal effort. My buddy has a 15 RG and he said he has the same problem.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
I took my passenger backrest off and the right side seemed impossible, I actually had to tap the clamp with a hammer (rubber dead blow hammer) to get it to move both on and off. The left side popped right off with minimal effort. My buddy has a 15 RG and he said he has the same problem.
Check the Mounting Piece that the Backrest locks into - It will fit ON backwards but will be a BITCH to "Click" the backrest into place - Try turning the piece around and refastening it.......worked for me on my old '15

·
Registered
91 Posts
Easy fix.. The lugs on your docking hardware are not perfectly round, they are slightly oblongated. You need to loosen up the torx screws holding the mounting points and index your quick detach stuff to it. In other words, slowly spin the mounting points until they fit correctly and then tighten up. They points are made to have a little bit of adjustability in them. I believe it is covered in the docking hardware installation pamphlet. I had the same issue on my 2018 and had never had the issue before and was unaware that they were oblong until I read the specs. Funny how that happens.

·
Registered
927 Posts
15 RGS is one of the shocks inverted? If it is it is a known issue to cause trouble with the passengers back rest. The shock can be flipped to resolve the issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts