Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the fairing off, I noticed the left one was muffled and distorted. Swapped wires same thing, so I figure its blown.

Anyone else? Lifetime warranty, so I'm not terribly concerned but for the inconvenience.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i think that i may have blown one this past weekend, going to pull the faring tonigh to check. How did yours turn out, i see that you posted this 2 months ago.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think that i may have blown one this past weekend, going to pull the faring tonigh to check. How did yours turn out, i see that you posted this 2 months ago.
Oops, sorry! I had the fairing off to install an oil temp gauge. I took the speaker and the underlying support frame off because I was considering putting a speaker cone on it, but decided not to, and reinstalled the speaker. Thats when I noticed it sounded horrible, and assumed it was blown.

When I got the replacement speaker, I saw that I had not put a screw from the mounting bracket all the way back in, and also a plastic washer had squished out such that they were touching the speaker.

I dremeled a bit off the washer and tightened down the screw and it was all good.

Sent the new speaker back.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the reply, I pulled my faring this evening and found both my speakers are blown. Going to call biketronics tomorrow. Did a little testing and found that everything was hooked up correctly, I unhooked both speakers and hooked up a pair of alpine 5x7's I had on the shelf and it sounded good. Will see what comes of the warranty. Only had these speakers for a few months.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts