Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the old days, when I rode softails and Road Kings, we would just take the windshields and cut them down to the desired height, polish the edges and go ride. I have the 12” KW’s pro touring and I wish it was an inch lower. Has anyone ever done this to a windshield that has a flip on the top? Would love to hear your results.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
In the old days, when I rode softails and Road Kings, we would just take the windshields and cut them down to the desired height, polish the edges and go ride. I have the 12” KW’s pro touring and I wish it was an inch lower. Has anyone ever done this to a windshield that has a flip on the top? Would love to hear your results.
So cutting down a recurve one inch will change the flow of air a lot more than one inch. If it is a visibility issue, you could raise your seat an inch with a sheepskin pad.

If doable, I would recommend cutting an inch off the bottom and redrilling the holes for mounting. Not sure if that is doable with your shield. I have done it that way on my Vulcan Voyager.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So cutting down a recurve one inch will change the flow of air a lot more than one inch. If it is a visibility issue, you could raise your seat an inch with a sheepskin pad.

If doable, I would recommend cutting an inch off the bottom and redrilling the holes for mounting. Not sure if that is doable with your shield. I have done it that way on my Vulcan Voyager.
Raising the seat height is not doable as I am 5’9” and am able to flat foot my bike with the CVO solo that I have on it now. Cutting from the bottom and re-drilling the mounting holes is a really great idea if it will work. I have to see if the contour of the bottom has enough “meat” to allow that. Thank you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts